• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ride To Eat

phil reeves

Training Wheels
Its time to start the riding season. Sat 4/9/16 lets meet at IXTAPA Mexican restaurant. 111 W Locus Stayton Or.
If you are going to join us, please leave me a message @541-510-6569. we will meet between 12:45-1:00. If you want to meet at my place I will be leaving around 10:45. I have a 85 mile route planned.

Hope to see you soon Phil Reeves

The ride distance and location were perfect; I just had previous engagements for today. The weather was perfect for a ride.  Hopefully the weather will hold out for next Saturday and we can try again.

The next two weekends are out. Sue has non motorcycle plans for us. I will try to get something put together later.

phil reeves said:
I guess no one wanted Mexican food today.

Well Phil, it looks like your fellow COGers gave you a good breaking-in as an AAD.  Well, actually they broke you in as a ride host.  Sometimes they show up, and sometimes they let you decide if you're going to ride it solo or go do something else, instead.  Don't let it stop you.  :great:

Phil,

Don't be depressed about no show.
In the 18 yrs hosting rides, it happens! I am looking fwd to attending sometime.

Phil,

I wanted to be there, but darn it, it seems like I'm two days ride from anything.  :(

Harry Martin said:
Phil,

I wanted to be there, but darn it, it seems like I'm two days ride from anything.  :(

Harry,
  I know how to fix that.  Let me know when you want to host a ride, and it can be wherever you want. :great:

Harry you have a pass 0n this. But the bun cooler is coming up. Also I'm still breaking in a new helmet, so I have to make myself ride ;)

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Harry Martin said:
Phil,

Harry,
  I know how to fix that.  Let me know when you want to host a ride, and it can be wherever you want. :great:

Charlie, hell...I do that now. I host all my own rides.
I just don't announce them cause it would take everyone else two days to get here.  :(

Example: Dodge the prairie dogs on the 487 ride. Three hours of Non-stop mayhem dodging prairie dogs between Casper and Laramie.
Then, there is the ride to Casper mountain, over the top, the back side, then back to my house, most of which is dirt roads, dodging deer, mountain lion, prong horn, red-necks, and a host of other critters most folks wouldn't recognize.

My personal favorite is the twisties thru the Big Horn mountains.  ;D

I'll have to plan something and announce it I suppose.

Harry Martin said:
Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Harry Martin said:
Phil,

Harry,

I just don't announce them cause it would take everyone else two days to get here.  :(

Example: Dodge the prairie dogs on the 487 ride. Three hours of Non-stop mayhem dodging prairie dogs between Casper and Laramie.
Then, there is the ride to Casper mountain, over the top, the back side, then back to my house, most of which is dirt roads, dodging deer, mountain lion, prong horn, red-necks, and a host of other critters most folks wouldn't recognize.

Got enough hotel rooms in the area for a regional?

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Harry Martin said:
Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Harry Martin said:
Phil,

Harry,

Got enough hotel rooms in the area for a regional?

Let me get back to you on that.