• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Riding Boots- for wide feet

motoddt

I am shopping for used riding boots and struggling to find any to fit my wider feet.    :(
Who can comment on what boot models might fit wide(r) feet for their size and if anyone else has that issue?

Possibly looking for lower height street riding boots and/or wet boots primarily.

Also do any offer wide sizing on new boots?...I have yet to see a Wide/E/EE offered second hand.

thx, don

I find my regular width Alpinestars Roam 2 WP to have a wide toe box.  Really like the Velcro instead of zippers. 

The Sidi Mega line are EE width.  An example at STG for those that like the track style.

I wear a pair of their waterproof Black Way Mega Tepor boots. I bought them about 18 months ago but am not sure they are still available.

Daytona boots come in wide sizes. Their Daystar is a high end sport/touring boot sounds like a great boot but they are proud of them at almost $500.

AmphibSailor said:
The Sidi Mega line are EE width.  An example at STG for those that like the track style.

I wear a pair of their waterproof Black Way Mega Tepor boots. I bought them about 18 months ago but am not sure they are still available.

I found out that the Way Mega Tepor boots are still made.  If you're interested, try Amazon.de or eBay.de and search on those words.

Attachments

• 948cc0e5-9583-4d9e-8f3a-04713f5f8999.jpg
    948cc0e5-9583-4d9e-8f3a-04713f5f8999.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 106
Not exactly riding boots but check out Danners great hiking and water resenting boot, have been wearing this brand for over 15 years and I think they work great for riding and hiking also keep feet warm. 

Tourmaster makes wide sizes as well. I just ordered a pair of Forma Adventure lows supposedly they run wide we will see.

Im in that same boat. I need  a boot thats as wide as possible. Often times the companies widest model is still too narrow.

I bought a set of Alpinestar "Ridge Waterproof" boots from a fellow forum member. 

I would 100% recommend the boot, except I dont know how a person would ever determine what size they needed.  I took a chance because he said, "They are size 9.5, but they are huge....I think they will fit...."

The size of boot I  wear is an 11 or 11.5. Thats it, and it has been that way for 25 years.  The alipinestars are sized as an American size 9.5 and euro 40, and the fit is perfect.  Theres no way I would have ever mail ordered a size 9.5.

I have been riding in my new Forma Adventure lows just over a week now they are plenty wide enough quite comfortable and easy on and off. As with most boots at first they were little awkward to walk in but as a break-in that is getting much better. The toe box is a little thicker than what I was riding in before and has made Shifting the bike a little awkward but nothing a lever adjustment won't take care of. My honest opinion all in all a great boot...

Grant said:
Tourmaster makes wide sizes as well. I just ordered a pair of Forma Adventure lows supposedly they run wide we will see.

I have a pair of these boots, comfortable out of the box , not sure how wide my foot is. I don’t really like the buckles much and  doubt there would be good protection if a bike happen to fall on your foot.

Grant said:
I have been riding in my new Forma Adventure lows just over a week now they are plenty wide enough quite comfortable and easy on and off. As with most boots at first they were little awkward to walk in but as a break-in that is getting much better. The toe box is a little thicker than what I was riding in before and has made Shifting the bike a little awkward but nothing a lever adjustment won't take care of. My honest opinion all in all a great boot...

I wear the original Forma Adventures for the ankle protection. I had an ankle replacement following T boning an idjut that pulled out in front of me. Good fit for American feet. Easy walking boot built with the same materials we find in good walking/hiking boots. I like the higher leg protection post accident but I would easily recommend the low cut to most guys on touring and sport touring bikes. For me, I am gonna take care of the chrome inside me.

Attachments

• new ankle.jpg
    new ankle.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 114
i wear an 11EE, TCX goretex X-5 boots in a size 46 euro. fit my wide feet and are waterproof and have lasted many years.

I've been wearing my new Forma Adventure lows, now for the past 800 miles (3 days).  They fit my 11EE feet with no problem and are super comfortable, even with thick DryMax socks. I give them a strong thumbs up! :great:

Attachments

• rsz_img_20180613_155201_1.jpg
    rsz_img_20180613_155201_1.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 103