• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

rough but worth it!

trenchfighter

Road Bike
I am now the proud new owner of a 1990 Concours, I'm pretty excited and its pretty beat up, but I have been reviewing the site here and have plenty of tools and know how so all is well!

Now heres the exciting part, this bike has some history with the COG! I had mentioned that it had stickers on the luggage in my previous posts, but what I didnt notice was that it had a license plate frame with the PO member number on it (not the guy I bought it from, but the owner prior to that) the member number is #2155.

If this member is still active that would be awesome! Id love to get some history on the bike and find out where it has been and whats been done to it....so....point them in my direction!!

Hello and welcome! Congrats on you 'new' '90 Connie! All your questions can be answered here,
with the membership experience compiled on this site, I doubt that there is any other area that has the
knowledge base that this site holds for the C-10 and C-14.
I did a member COG# search, and came up blank for the #2155.
Good luck on the restoration, and several eyes will be waiting to read your progress and assist in your
questions during your quest.

Welcome,
I have had this come up before.  A new owner of an old bike wanted to contact the old owner.  You could contact membership and have them use the contact info listed at the time they left to email or call and ask if he wants to talk with you.  There is only a small chance the contact info is good anymore.  Good practice is to let the old owner decide if he wants to talk to you and not give out info.  The entire process is something membership may not want to mess with but you can ask.  Contact info for any COG office is on cogmos at the bottom of every page there.
cog-online.org

Thanks for the help and I have been reading through the whole site already! There is a ton of great info, everything from how-to's to a whole service manual! I couldnt believe that!.....the first step is to get a cover since the bike will be stored outside temporarily, next is to rebuild the carbs, and then the forks......and then I should be able to start hitting the farkles. I will be sure to wear out the search feature! Thanks again. TF