• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

route to stay off I 35 ??

ratherberiding

Are there any round about routes ,with in reason on getting to the Sheraton Minneapolis West, 12201 Ridgeway Drive. My buddy and I are riding down from Thunder Bay ONTARIO  on the 5 Sept to have him get some warranty work done on his K bike @350 17th ave in Hopkins

Blasting down 61 onto I 35 just a bit boring  if there is some fun alternatives.

Hey Andrew,
If you just want to shave off a bit of 35, take WI 23 out of Superior. It will hook back up to 35 again, but saves you a bit of it. Or take WI 35 out of Superior and you can small town it all the way down to the cities. No great roads, but better than 35Dubya. Give a holler when you are down here, maybe we can connect!

I'll suggest taking I 35 through Duluth to the MN210 exit just south of Cloquet. Take that east to MN23. You'll thank me later. Take 23 south where it joins with !-35 or to ??

I can vouch for WI 35 as a good alternative to I-35, I use that a lot between Duluth/Superior and the Twin Cities when I'm tired to death of the superslab.  Also love MN 23 from Superior to Finlayson through Askov to miss some of I-35.  If you take WI 35 south from Superior and turn right (west) just outside of town (Google map this) on WI 105 to go through Oliver, there's a lovely old two-decker car/railroad bridge crossing the St. Louis River coming out of Superior that you get to take to connect to MN 23.  Trains still use the top deck.

If you're really tired of I-35 and Wisconsin, you can cut west over to MN 65 through Mora - there's a nice restaurant there, Freddie's - one of those awesome small-town places.

Google maps has an "avoid highways" setting.  I use streetview from there to confirm routes are as rural as they look.