• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RTE Granddaddy's BBQ Thomasville, GA

reid53

Come on to Granddaddy's BBQ in Thomasville, GA on July 13th.  There's been a lot of activity in the North Florida and Panhandle area as well as Lower Alabama.  Good time for us to get together for a meet, eat and greet.  Granddaddy's BBQ is located on the west side of the intersection of U.S. Highway's 19 and 84.  Here is a link to their site.  http://www.granddaddysbarbeque.com/  We will start gathering in the parking lot around 10:30AM and head inside to eat at 11:00AM.  Hope to see a lot of you there! :motonoises:

Here is a link to the registration  http://cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetailPublic2.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=189011&mo=7&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013%2D07%2D01%27%7D

See y'all there!

This event is a great opportunity for the Florida Panhandle folks to meet up with the Southern Georgians and hopefully some Southeast Alabamans for a RTE. Just a hop over the border from Tallahassee.  Mark the calendar and come on out!

Here is a Bing map link:

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?where1=2128+Smith+Ave.,+Thomasville,+GA+31792+&FORM=LMIEMN#Y3A9MzAuODM0ODYwfi04My45NDYxOTcmbHZsPTIwJnN0eT1yJnE9MjEyOCUyNTIwU21pdGglMjUyMEF2ZS4lMjUyQyUyNTIwVGhvbWFzdmlsbGUlMjUyQyUyNTIwR0ElMjUyMDMxNzkyJTI1MjA=

I look forward to seeing some new faces and of course consuming some tasty BBQ at Granddaddy's. See ya there.

I guess I better leave the house at 6am  :-\  Jean says she is coming, and probably my son, who lives in T'ville, will be there also.

COGnosticat0r said:
I guess I better leave the house at 6am  :-\  Jean says she is coming, and probably my son, who lives in T'ville, will be there also.

Jerry for you that's sleepin in! :beerchug:

reid53 said:
COGnosticat0r said:

Jerry for you that's sleepin in! :beerchug:

:D  You know me too well, I will have been up 2 hours by 6am  :great:

Wow. A chance to see my GA, AL and N FL friends again. It seems like a year since I've seen some of you at the Wolf. This should be well attended, as Jerry attracts a lot of rider with just the possibility of his presence at an event. Will have some goodies to give away at the ride, and everyone will have an opportunity to meet new members, make some new friends, and see a bunch of bikes. Oh.....and sample some good Q also.
This should attract many of the west central FL riders.        Al

Thomasville sounds great!! Should be there unless the creek rises!!!
Just returned from NC .. (Boone to Murphy) how was the trip?? Hot Hot and Hot!! First time I every prayed for rain!! But, 60's-70's in the high mts.  :)

Nine are signed up as of today (Saturday), which is a good number. Where are all the FL riders?              Al

Just viewed a RTE that Tom Sills has on the calendar. Nothing in the forum yet, but we all know Tom had a soft spot for Q. If you can't make this one, maybe you can do that one. Can someone do all three? There's a 2013 Toyota truck for someone that can  :mad:                                                                  Al

IronButtAl said:
Nine are signed up as of today (Saturday), which is a good number. Where are all the FL riders?              Al

In.

Edit to add: I'll have the brisket, sides Collards and Brunswick stew.  :great:

SteveJ. said:
IronButtAl said:

In.

Mmmmm...getting close enough to let Pavlov kick in.  :celebrate:

My son suggested we better make a reservation as this place fills up quickly, so, I just called and made a reservation for 20 people to be seated at 11:30 under the name of the Concours Owners Group.  :beerchug: 

I am ready to ride now, been two weeks since I have been on the bike  ::) 

Looks like I will need to keep an eye on Chantal.  They are predicting it to be close to Savannah on Sunday.  It is a tropical storm now but who know what this beauch might become.  I may be making alternate plans for the weekend.  Time will tell  :mad:

http://www.beaumontweather.com/

COGnosticat0r said:
Looks like I will need to keep an eye on Chantal.  They are predicting it to be close to Savannah on Sunday.  It is a tropical storm now but who know what this beauch might become.  I may be making alternate plans for the weekend.  Time will tell  :mad:

http://www.beaumontweather.com/

That could put a huge wrinkle in my plans. Forecast calls for it to be at my latitude, and maybe over my head, at 2pm Saturday.

will somebody please tell the Man Upstairs that we've had enough rain already??  :truce:

Hey, this is my first time signing up for a COG event. Looking forward to meeting up.  Just put some new Dunlops on the bike and look forward to trying them out - in the rain, if necessary...

Flight_Risk said:
will somebody please tell the Man Upstairs that we've had enough rain already??  :truce:

Hey, this is my first time signing up for a COG event. Looking forward to meeting up.  Just put some new Dunlops on the bike and look forward to trying them out - in the rain, if necessary...

Welcome aboard. Hope to meet you up there. I'm not gonna fight Chantal, though.

SteveJ. said:
Flight_Risk said:

Welcome aboard. Hope to meet you up there. I'm not gonna fight Chantal, though.

I hear you. Will wear my flip flops to ward off the bad weather...

Hope the weather holds out.  If not, no worries, we'll plan it again. 
Unless it is just a monsoon, I will be there rain or shine.  Got Frogg Toggs and it's a short ride for me.  :beerchug: :motonoises:

I just heard Chantal has died  :great:  so no threat to us or anybody now.  :)

Now just to wait and see what the weather will be for Saturday  ;D

I'll be there rain or shine.  :Woot_Emoticon:

Stitch Darien and Sidi boots keep everything but the hands dry. Now wasn't that another thread, dry gloves and something about a man on the moon? But that will be a National Park soon so... :mad:

COGnosticat0r said:
I just heard Chantal has died  :great:  so no threat to us or anybody now.  :)

Now just to wait and see what the weather will be for Saturday  ;D

Yup, been following along. Could still get a boat load of rain, though everything I've checked here, there and on the way shows a max 30% of rain. I would hope it rains on and off on the way back for a bit of temperature relief.

Not a huge fan of riding in the rain, but having owned both a C-10 and now a C14, they are hands down the best bikes I've ever ridden in wet weather.  :motonoises:

I will check the weather and satellite around 5am Saturday morning.  If it is raining I will roll over and go back to sleep, hell that is a lie, I can never go back to sleep. Might be an interesting ride in the rain.  Reid, I will call and let you know whether I am coming.  30% chance for T'ville, 60% for my area Sat morning.  Time will tell.

I'll be launching my boat (bike) out around 9:30AM, arriving at Granddaddy's at 10:15 or so.  There is a covered shelter to the west side of the parking lot that is usually available.  Here's hoping for good weather but.......it is July. :motonoises: :-\ 

SteveJ. said:
IronButtAl said:

In.

Not in. Stuff came up. :'(

SteveJ. said:
SteveJ. said:
IronButtAl said:

In.

Not in. Stuff came up. :'(

I'll eat your order Steve.  :great:  At least at this point, since it is still more than 12 hours away...

Next time brother.

Rain doesn't bother me much. The thunder storms lined up on the west coast where I'll be riding up on ( 19 ) do. I don't dump out on this lightly my friends, but this isn't going to be my day to ride.    Al

Had a great time!  Met Jerry and Jean in Valdosta and we rode thru the rain to Thomasville. Pleasantly surprised to see 7 riders already there. Tom Sills and his north Ga crew Kurt, Bill and Jay journeyed down.  11 riders total!! Also good to see Randy, Steve and Woody there representing Florida. Jerry's son Wright met us there as well.

After some good food and conversation the weather turned perfect and we rode over to Barney Ga for some home made peach ice cream.  Thanks guys and gal for making this another great COG get together!!

Great to see everyone  :great: The ice cream was homemade and delicious and the blueberry was better than the peach.

Anybody get wet going home.  We hit a few showers on the way until 45 miles from home.  Frogs were trying to hitch a ride  :-\

When we got home, I have never seen as much water standing in our yard as we did today.

Again, great time and I will post my pictures in a short while.

Pics from today

Attachments

• DSC00246.jpg
    DSC00246.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC00248.jpg
    DSC00248.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC00250.jpg
    DSC00250.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC00251.jpg
    DSC00251.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 94
More pics

the bottom pics is where old COGgers go to retire  :)

Attachments

• DSC00252.jpg
    DSC00252.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC00253.jpg
    DSC00253.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC00254.jpg
    DSC00254.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC00256.jpg
    DSC00256.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 97
Great RTE! It was nice seeing everyone again and it was great to see a couple of new faces in the group. Eating tasty food while conversing with interesting people made for a fun event. Even had a chance to sample a healthy serving of the famous peach ice cream. I guess I'll have to make a stop in the future to taste the blueberry ice cream.

I'm sure the buzzard projectile vomiting episode will 'come up again' around the campfire ring in the  future.  :campfire:

The ride south was mostly dry with the exception of a few sprinkles.

Thanks Reid!

Great day ridding with my COG peeps!

Met Tom, Bill & Jay at the Racetrac gas station in Hampton, and we were rolling at 7am. We took US 19 all the way down to Thomasville. It was a great ride, no traffic, nice cloud cover which made for a cool ride, which is nice for July. Showed up at about 1030am and Randy, Woody and Steve were already there. Reid, Jerry & Jean showed up shortly after.

The food was very good as well as the conversation. Speaking of conversation, it was discussed what a buzzards natural defense mechanism is. Well, low and be hold, we were able to witness it in action on our ride to eat some peach ice cream. I was almost the recipient of said defense mechanism but with my skillful riding ability, I was able to miss it. I believe Bill was able to get a whiff of it as he passed.

The peach ice cream was top notch, good call Reid. The four of us split off and headed north after saying our good byes. Hit I-75 in Adel and proceeded to dodge all the law enforcement that was present to serve, protect and collect. We did have one that was nosing around us but we were being respectable motorcyclist (at that time), so he headed off for greener pastures. We hit a wall of rain, just before Cordele where we got fuel, and more rain after that.

Tom split off on Hwy 16, exit 205 where the rest of should have as well as traffic came to a stop just as we passed the exit. We were in stop and go traffic for seven miles until we exited at 212. Jay & Bill and I stopped for a minute and they figured out how they were going to head home. I guided them to Hwy 20 were I split off and headed to my folks house for Saturday dinner.

Didn't keep a mileage log but it was about a 440 mile day. Let the good times roll!!

Yeah, I invite the Posse to the Party, and split when the going gets, well, Atlanta....  >:D  I did say a prayer for the remainder of the group, after I could quit laughing as I saw the Interstate parking lot unfold beyond my exit ramp...

So I enjoy a cup of Joe ("Zombie Dark" at the Senoia Coffee Shop - town of Senoia is the backdrop for the TV series Walking Dead) whilst my compadres sit in traffic, and then head merrily home with nary a drop of overhead participation.  Left instructions with Al on where to send the door prize...

Thanks, folks, it was a great trip, all 600+ miles of it!

Conn E. Ryder, at your service... 

Attachments

• Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 91
And that was one HUMONGOUS big buzzard....Any closer to Atlanta and it would have been required to file a flight plan with Hartsfiield for takeoff.