• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RTE Krambonz NEW DATE: OCTOBER 20!!

Tom NWGA

Hey Guys 'n Gals,
RTE for Krambonz in Tellico Plains.

Volcantour said:
KRAMBONZ BBQ RTE:

OCTOBER 20

IT'S KRAMBONZ, NEED I SAY MORE??

Time:  11 AM
Place:  9188 New Highway 68, Tellico Plains, TN

In the event of inclement weather, I'll notify the folks who register with the event on the calendar.

PS May need some warm gear (with an expandable waist line!)  :great:

Volcantour said:
Hey Guys 'n Gals,
RTE is on the calendar for November 17 at Krambonz in Tellico Plains.
I know it's close to Thanksgiving, but it IS Krambonz...  What say ye?  >:D

11 AM at 6188 New Highway 68 , Tellico Plains , TN

In the event of inclement weather, I'll notify the folks who register with the event on the calendar.

PS May need some warm gear  :great:

Darn it, I'm outa vacation time.

What an ideal place for an RTE. It gets no better than Krambonz.

I'm figuring that KramBonz will outdo a NuWay weiner stop....  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I went to NuWay last year. I re-named their (alleged) hotdogs "NoWay." Putting Krambonz on the calendar; we'll see.

I am looking into this.  If I do I will go up on Friday and stay the weekend, depends on the weather of course,  I am a fair weather rider  :)

Hey, no worries, mate. There's another date change in the works.  :mad:
Will keep youse guys posted....and thanks for your interest!
Tom

Volcantour said:
Tom
Just schedule it for every weekend in November, folks will come. Plus, we'll have a better shot of kicking Georgia's butt at the smackdown. >:D :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ;)

Glad I could help. ;)

Trying to add a plan to this event, and its like herding cats.  Need your input on the best possible date:

Options are:

October 20, Saturday before the inaugural GA/AL challenge at Cheaha State Park on Sunday, Oct 21

OR

Saturday, Nov. 17, the original date which conflicts with the Citrus Challenge.

Which prefer ye?  Votes taken by Oct 4 will be taken into consideration...

SteveJ. said:
Volcantour said:
Tom
Just schedule it for every weekend in November, folks will come. Plus, we'll have a better shot of kicking Georgia's butt at the smackdown. >:D :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ;)

Glad I could help. ;)

I understand your feeling the need for all the help you can get... :nananana:

Damn, wish I had a bike down there now.......I would chew my leg off in a trap to go to Krambonz :) :beerchug: :)  When we went there at the RWTW's, I ate a rack and got another one to go. Best, and I mean BEST Q I have had anyplace. My mouth is watering just typing this >:D

Brian,
Great to hear from you!  Whassamatter, not in the mood for a BunBurner??  Or are the snowplows out already :)

I am with Brian on the best BBQ. This is coming from my limited experience on chowing down grub  :rotflmao:

What's the name of the place we had the WRRR in 2011? Isn't it just up the road from Krambonz? I am thinking of a ride up Thursday/Friday (tent camp) with a ride back on Saturday. That gives me Friday to frollic. If the Oct 20th is voted as the date. How would the weather be for camping?

Hey Brian, Since I am the designated BBQ hauler, I can bring back a couple of racks on Saturday to the house and you can catch a flight down to Jaxn, Ms and enjoy them and catch a flight back on Sunday. I am close to the airport here and will gladly help out a buddy  :)

Pastor Tyler

Volcantour said:
Brian,
Great to hear from you!  Whassamatter, not in the mood for a BunBurner??  Or are the snowplows out already :)

Primarily a points problem. I had to cash a lot of em in to do my little OTP thing. I know you will feel sorry for me on this......I seem to have a bit of tendonitis in my left ankle from all the shifting I did in the twisties :mad: ::)

MSRev said:
Hey Brian, Since I am the designated BBQ hauler, I can bring back a couple of racks on Saturday to the house and you can catch a flight down to Jaxn, Ms and enjoy them and catch a flight back on Sunday. I am close to the airport here and will gladly help out a buddy  :)

Pastor Tyler

A fine offer indeed! Thanks Ty.........kind of variation on "I'll buy if you fly"?!  How bout throwing em in the freezer, and bringing them up to Idaho for the National? 

MSRev said:
I am with Brian on the best BBQ. This is coming from my limited experience on chowing down grub  :rotflmao:

What's the name of the place we had the WRRR in 2011? Isn't it just up the road from Krambonz? I am thinking of a ride up Thursday/Friday (tent camp) with a ride back on Saturday. That gives me Friday to frollic. If the Oct 20th is voted as the date. How would the weather be for camping?

Pastor Tyler

Iron Horse Lodge in Stecoah, NC. Not far from KramBonz, but not next door, either.  Latter October weather would be chilly, but very manageable.

2Fast said:
Volcantour said:
Brian,

Primarily a points problem. I had to cash a lot of em in to do my little OTP thing. I know you will feel sorry for me on this......I seem to have a bit of tendonitis in my left ankle from all the shifting I did in the twisties :mad: ::)

That indeed is a sad tale.  :great:  Would play something for you, but I seem to have mislaid my violin around here someplace.  ;)

Hope the tendonitis improves before RWTW 2013....

KRAMBONZ BBQ RTE:

OCTOBER 20

IT'S KRAMBONZ, NEED I SAY MORE??

Time:  11 AM
Place:  9188 New Highway 68, Tellico Plains, TN

:motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises:

Well, since I will be out of town the weekend of back to back RTE's, I thought I should ride up today and make sure the Q is still good...  It was!  You guys have fun!  :)

Thus far, the event registration indicates that I am eating all by my lonesome. Hurry up, someone, and register, so's I don't have to cry alone over all those dreamy ribs.....  :'(

BUMP  Who else is gonna "step up to the plate"??

GREAT FOOD

WEATHER FORECAST:    Partly Cloudy 67/43

Fall in the Mountains

Need any more reasons to come?

Wish I could make it Tom!  I've got some commitments here that I made awhile back.  Enjoy the ribs and the riding! 

It's killing me, but others things are in play at the moment.  :'(Hope it works out for everyone.

Dunno, being such a HUGE crowd pre-registered  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Yeah, we can fit you in.  Be glad to see you up there. Want to ride up together? PM if interested.

GREAT DAY for a ride to go with some fantastic food!  :))
BTW, doubled the attendance at my last scheduled RTE.  :great: The trend, albeit small in number, is upward  :)