• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RTE Yoder's Deitsch Haus Montezuma Ga

reid53

October 27th we will have a RTE to Yoders Deitsch Haus in Montezuma, GA.  http://home.earthlink.net/~mennonite/Yoders.htm  They have some awesome food served cafeteria style.  We will meet in the parking lot around 11:00AM.  Bring a good appetite cause the food is good.  Montezuma is a good central location in Georgia.  Hope to see a big group there.  :great: :motonoises:

reid53 said:
October 27th we will have a RTE to Yoders Deitsch Haus in Montezuma, GA.  http://home.earthlink.net/~mennonite/Yoders.htm  They have some awesome food served cafeteria style.  We will meet in the parking lot around 11:00AM.  Bring a good appetite cause the food is good.  Montezuma is a good central location in Georgia.  Hope to see a big group there.  :great: :motonoises:

I plan on being there with a small group  ;D  I can't remember if they take plastic or not.  Bring a lot of storage room as the bakery is next to the restaurant and they have some great goodies there too. :)

I'm going to try and make this as well. Went there last October when we visited Andersonville. Jerry is correct, their bakery is top notch. Brought back a couple loafs of bread and some of their Apple Butter. This time i'm going to leave some space in the top box to bring a pie back.

Kurt

Last time I was there, they didn't take plastic. But, they had an ATM stand inside the entrance  ;)

Andersonville Memorial Park is right down the road, and interesting and sombering place to visit.

I'll be on the way back from a week at Wildcat, and will stop to see all of you knuckleheads on the way through.    Al

Jo said:
Sounds like good food and a chance to chat with good friends!

Bump

How about a 6a.m. departure time from the Hess Truck Stop in Wildwood, Junction I-75 and SR44, NE corner. GPS says a time of 3:55, miles 278.

Bonsai run. Burn up I-75 at about 75 or so.

Edit to add: At this point, still thinking about it. But I did buy this motorcycle to ride it.  :motonoises: :motonoises:

(Did you get the A/C fixed, I hope?)

BBerry said:
Sorry, will not be able to make it. I will be returning from Mexico on that date, not taking the bike this time. But, hope to stop by El Campo, Tx and visit your brother .. the wild man.  :)

You going to see Chuck? Give him a bear hug for me!  :beerchug:

Ok Billy, look forward to seeing y'all.  We will be going up U.S. 41 through Cordele to Vienna and over to Montezuma.  Pretty ride! :motonoises:

Looks like a case of Life Interruptus is striking the N GA crew. Kurt is out and now I find out that I am too.  Ya'll eat some for those of us that cannot...  :motonoises:

Volcantour said:
That's the plan (provided, of course, that Joni is willing to put up with me  :) )

Ummm, I better have a talk with Joni soon  :D

I still plan on being at Yoders with a small group, maybe 3-5 people  same for the Smackdown

Joni will be fine! :-\  As long as I get my Connie back.  She doesn't like riding on the K1300GT I've been riding this week.  Smoothest, best handling bike I've ever ridden.  I still like the C-14 better overall.  I go to swap back today. :motonoises:

Bump#2.  So far the weather looks great!  SteveJ, you guys still blastin up I75? :motonoises:

reid53 said:
Bump#2.  So far the weather looks great!  SteveJ, you guys still blastin up I75? :motonoises:

This will be my first ride on the Speed Triple other than the 785 miles I have done on I95  :mad:

reid53 said:

At this point, not sure. I probably have a date with grandbabies.

Eat some for me iff'n I don't make it.

I'll be headed out of Valdosta around 8:45 Saturday morning.  Anyone coming through is welcome to join up.  Be coming back some back roads time permitting.  Look forward to seeing folks there.  :motonoises:

reid53 said:
I'll be headed out of Valdosta around 8:45 Saturday morning.  Anyone coming through is welcome to join up.  Be coming back some back roads time permitting.  Look forward to seeing folks there.  :motonoises:

I will take a look out my window in the morning  ::)  Make sure Sandy isn't visiting  :-[  It looks to be a morning rain event here, and dry the rest of the way and day.  I am still planning on coming  :great:

I know it's only a couple of hundred miles away, but if someone can let me know if there's still a group going, or......the weather might get in the way, I'd be grateful for that.        Al

Al, Joni and I and another bike are coming from Valdosta.  Billy Berry and his brother-in-law are coming up from Tallahassee.  I think the weather is going to be fine. Jerry Holland and some of his hooligans will be there as well.  I'll be there around 11:15AM or maybe a little earlier. :motonoises:

If the weather holds, I may join y'all for lunch. I am going to south side anyway, just a bit farther and I can make it back by the afternoon. ;D

As luck would have it (bad that is) the Frankenstorm has changed my work schedule, so I will have to take care of some family business THIS week instead of next week. Y'all ride safe, and I will catch the next one.

Someone have a piece of pie for me!!  :beerchug:

All, sorry I bailed on you. My throttle cable is iffy and I'm figuring how to make it secure. Didn't want to chance being stuck on I75

Phil
COG 5879
'99 'lectric

I think we had 8 bikes and 10 people show up.  Food was great as usual, I just need to learn to eat slower :mad:,

Great to see everyone again.

We came out of Savannah and no rain at all on the 360 mile trip.

That's correct Jerry, 10 riders and 8 bikes.  Thanks everyone for coming.  The weather was perfect and I got to see some leaves changing.  Down here in S. Georgia the pine trees don't change much!  I'll post pics later.  Jerry, glad you're ok.  Yeah, slow down a tad.  The food was good enough to wolf down!  See everyone at the Smackdown at the Shack border challenge.  Come on Georgia, lets pull out a win like the Dawgs did tonight.  Sic Em.  >:D :motonoises:

reid53 said:
See everyone at the Smackdown at the Shack border challenge.  Come on Georgia, lets pull out a win like the Dawgs did tonight.  Sic Em.  >:D :motonoises:

:1rij:  ;D  I couldn't believe it  :great:

Well, you don't want to hear the bunch of expletives I just stated.  I was hoping to make this, but to think it is the 27th, where did time go.  Folks, getting old messes up your sense of time.  A lesson I'm re-learning quite often.

At any rate, glad you all had a great time, and I do hope someone will write this up and submit it for our newsletter.  Thus far, I've got nothing for this month, and you know what that means.

John said:
Well, you don't want to hear the bunch of expletives I just stated.  I was hoping to make this, but to think it is the 27th, where did time go.  Folks, getting old messes up your sense of time.  A lesson I'm re-learning quite often.

At any rate, glad you all had a great time, and I do hope someone will write this up and submit it for our newsletter.  Thus far, I've got nothing for this month, and you know what that means.

Your ears must have been burning  :nananana:  We were wondering where you were, Reid took pictures and "we"  ;D will let him do the write up

I have pics of the Daytona breakfast I will send you and do a write up best I can.