• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Run With The Wolf

Ranger Jim

Sport Tourer
The 19th Annual RUN WITH THE WOLF (SECOG's Spring Rally) is on the calendar and ready for registrations. We'll be returning to Wildcat Lodge & Campground, dates are April 19-21. This is one of the longest running rallies in COGdom sited smackdab amongst some of the best riding in the USA. Rallymaster Jen Simons has a great rally planned. The only thing missing is you so make your plans now, get registered and get here. Meet some friends, make some more, ride some great roads, enjoy the company of great folks, share stories (some of them may be true) and create some incredible memories. Come on and RUN WITH THE WOLF!

I rode over 1k miles to get to this rally in 2007 I think.  One 6 day weekend, 2836 miles.  It was worth it.  I really enjoy the people and area.  This year it is the same weekend as MotoGP here in Austin so I will be doing that instead but if you have any ability to go and have not I would try hard.

Not to steal any of Jim or Jenn's thunder but there was a write up in the Winter Concourier on the rally. Looks like a Friday hamburger / hot dog dinner and a keg of Al's favorite fermented malt beverage will be provided by SE-COG. Lot's of good riding in the area. Also, if your a dual sport enthusiast, there are many great forest service roads to ride as well.

This is a very fun rally, great people, and good times!

Kurt

Hope to get to this one, but too many balls in the air to commit right now. The Wife and I are new to the SE area, and really looking forward to meeting other COGers in the area, but the old house (Upstate NY) has not sold yet and home currently is the RV. Sale, closing, shopping for and closing on a new place could happen at any time and I need to have vacation time at the ready if needed. Keep a good thought for us on selling the house and maybe we'll see you there!

BBroj said:
Hope to get to this one, but too many balls in the air to commit right now. The Wife and I are new to the SE area, and really looking forward to meeting other COGers in the area, but the old house (Upstate NY) has not sold yet and home currently is the RV. Sale, closing, shopping for and closing on a new place could happen at any time and I need to have vacation time at the ready if needed. Keep a good thought for us on selling the house and maybe we'll see you there!

I plan on attending this with a coue friends from Virginia.  Sure hope you can make thus one, Blaise.

BBroj said:

Welcome to the (not so) sunny South, sir!  If you can't make the RWTW, here's hoping we'll see you and yours at one or more of the other events we've got on the calendar for this year.
Volcantour

BBroj said:

Blaise

Still in the RV . . . you are going to turn into Southern Trailer Park trash.  :rotflmao:

But seriously, you could always ride down Friday after work or early Saturday morning so you shouldn't have to worry about vacation time.  Take it from this Yankee, if you haven't managed to get out and ride the North GA or NC mountains you need to schedule that Saturday & Sunday at Run With the Wolf.  :great:

COG-528 said:
BBroj said:

Blaise

Still in the RV . . . you are going to turn into Southern Trailer Park trash.  :rotflmao:

But seriously, you could always ride down Friday after work or early Saturday morning so you shouldn't have to worry about vacation time.  Take it from this Yankee, if you haven't managed to get out and ride the North GA or NC mountains you need to schedule that Saturday & Sunday at Run With the Wolf.  :great:

Mike,

No doubt I would love to go and will if I can. My schedule is Tuesday to Saturday, so that does present a twist. I have only been as far west as Asheville, but I loved the ride that far (off the slab, I took 64). REALLY hoping to have the house sold and have that hurdle behind us!

Morning from the Brown House,

I am thinking about riding up today and was wondering what the general schedule is for today.  I take it ya'll are at Wildcat.  Is there a plan for lunch, dinner?  I went shooting with Robert E. Thursday and he said he would come up today also.

TCARS
Jack Ferguson