• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Schuberth C4 Pro

mjroelofs

Mini Bike
So I just received my new Schuberth C4 Pro along with the new Sena Bluetooth system designed for this helmet.  :)

Thus far really impressed but I guess I should be for that kind of money.  I'll do a more detailed review on it here soon once I've had a chance to take it out some on th4 bike here shortly. 

Has anyone yet rode with this helmet?  I'm very familiar with the C3 PRO and love it so I am curious to see what other folks thoughts are on it.  I will say just testing out the Bluetooth system is awesome.  The sound quality I thought was a huge improvement over the SRC system.  More to follow soon!  :))

Argggg............still waiting on my new license plates to come in the mail.  :mad: Detailed review is forth coming.

Well my license plates have finally come in and I have had a chance now to ride around with the new Schuberth C4 Pro.  :)

To put this into better context, I have had a total of three Schuberth C3 helmets, one being the original when it first came out and the other two being the C3 Pro.  With that being said, this helmet is a huge improvement over the other three. :great:  I am located in Sierra Vista, AZ and have riden thus far in 90+ degree temperatures down to 65 so far.  One of the first things you will notice right away with the helmet is the air flow has greatly increased compared to the C3's.  I was a little hesitant to purchase this originally because I recalled this helmet was a better choice for riding in cooler temperatures as it did not vent well.  During the summers in Korea I usually rode around with my Arai RX-Q for better airflow but the trade off was a much louder helmet.  The previous air holes I believe were around either 10 or 12 mm in size but now have been increased to 15 mm.  You can tell immediately there is a huge difference in airflow and the buffetting is barely noticeable thanks to the Turbulators’ on the face shield that help eliminate buffetting.  8)  This is still the quietest helmet I have ever owned and is even quieter than my previous three other helmets.  :whoo:  The visor is actually wider giving you even more peripheral vision and better visibility overall. 

Overall, very impressed with the helmet but for the cost I should be.  I am still getting used to the new Schuberth SC1 Standard blue tooth system but thus far love it.  Schuberth went with SENA for the integrated blue tooth system and thus far seem very well designed.  Gone away is the giant boom that used to be in the front and replaced with a hidden microphone that is built into the helmet.  Haven't taken any calls or given commands over the system yet so can't really speak on that at the moment.  It is a little pricy at about $850.  Shop around online, typically I have found sights such Amazon and Revzilla to be sometimes $100 of dollars more than other sites.  I purchased this helmet at Visor.com and saved about $200.  Even though it was overseas purchased the Helmet arrived in two days still.  Make sure to check out the reviews of websites before you order to ensure you are ordering through a reputable company. 

Just to correct you a moment. There's no 'Pro' for the C4. It's just C4. They'll probably do like they did the C3.

That said the C3Pro (since it's discounted a bit, due to the C4), C4 and Neotec are all on my short list. Right now, and probably until 2019 I'm full face with a Shoei GT-Air

Akumu said:
Just to correct you a moment. There's no 'Pro' for the C4. It's just C4. They'll probably do like they did the C3.

That said the C3Pro (since it's discounted a bit, due to the C4), C4 and Neotec are all on my short list. Right now, and probably until 2019 I'm full face with a Shoei GT-Air

Thanks, I didn’t realize I was calling it the pro.  Good catch.  Very pleased with the C4!