• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SE MI Tech Day - May 4, 2013

Stasch

Modified 4/13/2013:

The 2nd annual MI Tech / wrench day will be held in Burton, MI on May 4, 2013, so mark your calendars and plan to attend.

Mark Rucinski has volunteered to host this event.  He attended last year's tech day held at my house.  Marc rides an immaculately clean Kawasaki cruiser - so there's a good chance we can convert him to the dark side  :)

We'll get started around 10am.

Address is:  2098 Morrish Street,  Burton 48519

I think the Center Road freeway exit off of I-69 is the least busy and more convenient of the 2 exits within a mile of his house.

Drop me an email or PM and let me know if you're planning on coming and an idea of what work you'ld like to do on your bike.

Marc's gonna fire up the grill for hot dogs and have other stuff to eat for lunch.  Would like everyone to chip in $5 for Marc to help with food and soda, etc.

See you there. 

Stan,

What'd you do move again?  I see a location change........
  or.......did you rent out some shop space to fit all of us inside in case the weather thermostat is set a little low again?

Greetings Stan, little early to tell for sure but I'm going to mark it on my calender. If can I will make it.

Got you on the calendar. Got a heated jacket liner this year after getting frostbite last year. Have to say the lunch was great and the host and hostess were pretty good too. :great:

The 2nd annual MI Tech / wrench day will be held in Burton, MI on May 4, 2013, so mark your calendars and plan to attend.

Mark Rucinski has volunteered to host this event.  He attended last year's tech day held at my house.  Marc rides an immaculately clean Kawasaki cruiser - so there's a good chance we can convert him to the dark side  :)

We'll get started around 10am.

Address is:  2098 Morrish Street,  Burton 48519

I think the Center Road freeway exit off of I-69 is the least busy and more convenient of the 2 exits within a mile of his house.

Drop me an email or PM and let me know if you're planning on coming.

Marc's gonna fire up the grill for hot dogs and have other stuff to eat for lunch.  Would like everyone to chip in $5 for Marc to help with food and soda, etc.

See you there.

Hey Stan are you still looking for a trunk? You asked me to let you know if I ever wanted to part with mine, well I'm ready to part with it. That could be a project for the meet at your place, it's four whole bolts lol.

Update:  The weather report for this Saturday's event has changed for the better - looks like it should be a very nice day.

Our host Marc sent this to me this afternoon:

Here's the menu :)

Hamburgers & Beef Hotdogs on the grill
Shrimp ring with cocktail sauce
Veggie tray & dip
Chips & dip
Doritos
Nacho chips and salsa (Unfortunately, not my homemade salsa)
Dessert Pastry Assortment (eclaires, cream puffs, etc.)
Eight 2 liters of different pop
Water bottles

Hopefully this will entice those that are on the fence about attending...good food is always an incentive. ;-)

Let's all show up and help out by consuming Marc's food. 

Its a tough job but someone has to do it.  That's what COG is for - helping others.  :)

If you have a camp chair, might want to strap it on the back seat.  Good idea to bring a sidestand puck of some sort too.

Stasch said:
Jim,  Sent you a PM a while ago on the trunk - still bringing it?
Hey Stan, I thought I sent you a pm reply about the trunk. Anyway I'm going to hang unto to it for awhile cause I might be buying a second bike.
About Saturday my plan is to take my wife to Auburn Hills for a test at 8:00 am, if women are allowed we could / should be there around 11:00 if all goes well longer if I take her home first. She might be needed else where hopefully not. Burgers and beef dogs on the grill, yum.

She is certainly welcome if she can put up with a bunch of folks yakking about and working on bikes . . . but then she's still with you isn't she?    :))

Stasch said:
She is certainly welcome if she can put up with a bunch of folks yakking about and working on bikes . . . but then she's still with you isn't she?    :))
She not only can handle the yakking, she'll jump in and help.  :great:

turbojim said:
Stasch said:
Jim,  Sent you a PM a while ago on the trunk - still bringing it?
Hey Stan, I thought I sent you a pm reply about the trunk. Anyway I'm going to hang unto to it for awhile cause I might be buying a second bike.
About Saturday my plan is to take my wife to Auburn Hills for a test at 8:00 am, if women are allowed we could / should be there around 11:00 if all goes well longer if I take her home first. She might be needed else where hopefully not. Burgers and beef dogs on the grill, yum.

Listen I am not sexist but a garage full of Men and a Woman on the grill? There are a few things in this world that are sacred and the grill is one.

I don't think his comment was putting her at the controls of the grill.  In fact it sorta sounds like she might be ready to have someone cook for her!

;)

Flat-spot said:
I don't think his comment was putting her at the controls of the grill.  In fact it sorta sounds like she might be ready to have someone cook for her!

;)

I am OK with that.

Listen I am not sexist but a garage full of Men and a Woman on the grill? There are a few things in this world that are sacred and the grill is one.
[/quote]
Gentile men do not fear, my wife does enough cooking around here so it's not likely she'll want anything to do with the grill. I was referring to her helping on the motorcycles. She was my pit crew when I was running the drag bike so she knows how to help or stay out of the way, which ever is needed!

None of this  :103:  for her!

Unfortunately,  won't be able to make this one..... 
  circumstances beyond my control....

What an excellent day in Burton Mi., many thanks Mark and Mel for hosting and an excellent job I might add and to everyone who made it. It was our pleasure to be there. Jim and Mikelle

Great day, great ride, (300 mi), great people, great lunch, great lies,  ::)    great bench racing,

great laughs, great turn signal reminder :eek:,  :-X (Stasch is probably gonna tell ya about that) ....did I say great day?  :great:

I even turned some little wrenches and installed my Battery Tender pigtail after it hung on my garage wall

for 4 years! :-[

:motonoises: :)

Allways enjoy getting away and seeing what the other COG'ers are up to here in Mich.
Great lunch! Good conversation and nice weather, can't ask for more... well maybe.
If your up north and have the time give me a call.
rwulf