• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Seat question

Berk66

After my C14 was totalled last summer, I have been looking for a replacement bike. I stripped off a few of the accessories (including my brand new Michelin PR4s with less than 1000 kms) and a custom Billy Mayer saddle in case I end up with another C14. I haven't completely decided on that. I was at a motorcycle show a few weeks ago and was looking at the Versys 1000. The Kawasaki rep told me that the seats are interchangeable between V1000 and the C14. I had heard that the seats between the Ninja ZX14 and the C14 were interchangeable but never the Versys 1000. Do any of you know if that is true? They do look similar but I'm not sure he was right. 

Berk

I have no idea if he was right or not, but I've been around enough salesmen to know that there are those that would tell you something like that so you would buy whatever he's selling.

That's true, but this guy didn't strike me as that type. He was very knowledgeable and not pushy at all, he even recommend I look at other bikes from brands he didn't sell. Regardless, I was just wondering if anyone here knows if the seats from a Versys 1000 and a C14 will fit on each other?

I pm'd SISF as he has both.  I'll post up his response when I get it if he doesn't respond directly to the thread.  Talked to him this morning.  That man has a ton of irons in the fire!

Berk said:
That's true, but this guy didn't strike me as that type. He was very knowledgeable and not pushy at all, he even recommend I look at other bikes from brands he didn't sell. Regardless, I was just wondering if anyone here knows if the seats from a Versys 1000 and a C14 will fit on each other?

I sincerely doubt he had a clue.. they don't appear to be even close...
https://www.kawasaki.com/Parts/PartsDiagram/205394/2018/KLZ1000BJF

https://www.kawasaki.com/Parts/PartsDiagram/218358/2018/ZG1400EJF

but I may be wrong. :rotflmao: :great:

Bud said:
I pm'd SISF as he has both.  I'll post up his response when I get it if he doesn't respond directly to the thread.  Talked to him this morning.  That man has a ton of irons in the fire!
Steve's answer was "Nope"  HTH

I think if I were in a position of getting a new bike, as much as I like my C13, I think I’d go for an FJR. A friend just bought one last summer, and comfort and ease of working on, surpass the Kwai IMO

I've never ridden an FJR but they do seem like a pretty nice bike too.

Fortunatley, I found a great deal on a local 2012 Concours with about 18,000 km (under 12,000 miles) came with a Sergent heated seat, Heli handlebars, Two Brothers muffler, Power Commander (I don't know much about these), Garmin Zumo with mount, a Givi topbox, a Cee Bailey shield plus a few other accessories. 

I think it is mainly due to the handle bars, or a combination of things but the bike is significantly more comfortable than the 08 with 1.5" risers. Stay tuned, I will be posting the risers, a Billy Meyer saddle, and a Techmount GPS mount from my 08 in the classifieds soon. Just need to take some pics.

The exhaust sounds great on acceleration but there is a bit of decel popping, is that because of the Two Brothers slip on or does the Power Commander cause this?  Also, should there be a baffle tip in the muffler? Does anyone else with a Two Brothers slip on notice this?

Thanks, Berk

Congrats on the new bike!

I’ve got the Two Brothers slip-on; otherwise, bike is stock.  Mine pops on decel as well (kinda like it).