• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Seattle to Vancouver

rwulf

Can anyone out there in Seattle or Vancouver give me some ideas?
I am looking into taking an Edelweiss "Canadian West tour". Due to pass port
reasons I need to fly into Seattle and then make it up to Vancouver for the
tour. I have not been able to find out how I am going to do that. Are there trains,
buses? It's about 150 miles so I think taxis services would be out. I can't fly, it
must be ground transportation.
Any ideas would be wellcome and considered.

Passport issues are no fun at land crossing either, you still need one and they seem to be real ****s in the last 5 years whether coming or going. 15 years ago and more at the out of the way crossing I had CA guards just look at my WA license plate on the bike and just wave me across.  2 years ago at a larger crossing I was detained for 2 hours in a steel room only because the guy I was traveling with had issues with a 20 year old DV charge. Not planning on going back anytime soon, plus the 40KPH over automatic impound and 1000$ fine is ridiculous.

But to answer your question a rental car might be looked into, like rent a wreck. Hitchhiking?

You can get over the border with an enhanced drivers license as well. Or a Nexus card. You can't get over the border without one of the three.

Busses and trains are available. No problem.

Thanks for the replies. I cross the boarder into Ontario all the time.
I have an enhanced license. The ridicules thing about it is I can only
come back into the US by ground, how stupid. If this wasn't so I would
fly to Vancouver. I have not been able the contact info for buses or trains.

Just looking at online schedules you can take a Greyhound bus from Seattle to Vancouver. It’ About a 4 hour trip for around $40.

I recommend The Bolt Bus instead of Greyhound.  It's faster, way nicer, and I believe cheaper.  It's owned by Greyhound but they only sell tickets on line (that's what distinguishes them from Greyhound) so you tend to get a... um... BETTER sort of passenger.  I take it from Portland to Seattle all the time and it's excellent service.  The trip from Seatle to Vancouver is about $22.00 and it takes 4 hours.

Thanks for the tip. I did see the "Bolt Bus" option and will check it out.
Regarding the better class of person, we will see after I ride on it. They
may change some things. Motorcyclist you know.