• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Sena 10c

So my 10c showed up tonight.  I got it all mounted and configured.  I will be calling Revzilla tomorrow, because the clamp mount has some wobble to it, and I just don't believe that's correct.  I might have received a faulty clamp mount.  I don't know.  I just know I don't want to trust the two way tape version, with all the countours of the side of the Kibuto.

But after I read through the directions a few times, felt like I should have a college degree!  Geez! 
Gotta push this button while holding your head at that angle, close one eye, jump three times...  Ah!  It's ON now!  lol.....

There is a lot of functionality built into that bad boy!  But once I played with it a bit, it started to make more sense.  It's very well made, and really slick!  I can't wait!
The more I think about it, I will leave it in the video tagging mode.  When you hit the button, it remembers 60 seconds before, it records for a full 60 seconds, then "remembers" the next 60 seconds.  So every tag is 3 minutes of recording.  I thought back to the countless hours of pointless riding time I had before using my ContourHD.  I spent a lot of time editing out the garbage.  Decided that I don't have the desire to just turn on record and ride.  I always have the option to turn on full record, but I think for 95% of the time, this will be sufficient.

Sound quality seemed really nice.  Those speakers get LOUD!  So I guess even if the helmet isn't any more quiet than my POS Z1R Eclipse it replaced, I can drown out the road noise with tunes.

One thing I already discovered that I really like is an audible(voice) indication of battery level.  The old Scala I had before, I ran into multiple scenarios where I thought I was fully charged but discovered shortly into the ride that my battery was done.  The 10c, you hit the button and a little voice tells you High, Medium, or Low for battery life.  Awesome.

The other couple of things is that you can tell it to record the music you are listening to, or narrate during the recording. 

20160413_235248_zpswpbbsdnh.jpg

Interesting write-up, Willy!  Thanks.  That "leave the music on the video" is really cool.  I recall many times having just the right song come on just as I was heading into some twisties.  :great:

Yea it ties the comms and entertainment into the camera.  You can record phone calls, or comms between bikes while you ride also.  It also has FM radio, which yes...you can also record, but I got sick of dealing with radio reception back in the day.  MP3 is the only way to go.
I have my tank bag on the way, should be here tomorrow.  That will hold my ipad, which holds all 118G of my music.  I don't think music will be an issue.  ;)

It also ties to the GPS so you can hear directions.  Worked with my phone, haven't tried it with my Garmin yet.

The only drawback is it's limited to a 32g card.  I'm hoping that a future firmware will improve that.

Right now I'm trying to decide if I want to keep my ContourHD or sell it. 

Graphicjunkie said:
That will hold my ipad, which holds all 118G of my music.  I don't think music will be an issue.  ;)

118 G!  :-\ 

I have about 5 GB on my phone and can't possibly get through it all in a day.  You could take a month long trek and never repeat a song!  :beerchug:

Yea, I'm the gatekeeper for the whole family's iTunes.  So I just have it all copy to my library too.
I have everything from classical instrumental, to heavy metal, opera to hardcore rap.  It's quite the variety! 
Especially when you put the whole dang thing on shuffle. 
NWA one minute, Josh Groban the next.  LOL!  Wild ride.    ::)

Worst part is when my daughter's music comes on.  Sooooo not a Bieber fan.  :-[

Graphicjunkie said:
Yea, I'm the gatekeeper for the whole family's iTunes.  So I just have it all copy to my library too.
I have everything from classical instrumental, to heavy metal, opera to hardcore rap.  It's quite the variety! 
Especially when you put the whole dang thing on shuffle. 
NWA one minute, Josh Groban the next.  LOL!  Wild ride.    ::)

Worst part is when my daughter's music comes on.  Sooooo not a Bieber fan.  :-[
I think that the 10c works with the handlebar remote.  I have a Sena 20s that I use with handlebar remote and it's so much easier than fiddling with the Jog Dial and Phone button on the helmet headset, especially while wearing gloves.  I also like adjusting volumes and changing music without taking my hands off the handlebars.  Look it up, $89 at Cycle Gear.