• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Sena Smart helmet?

I am shopping around and still saving for my helmet (C3 Pro) and was trying to recall what model Sena com set I was looking at. 
Went to their website and discovered that they have a smart helmet that is supposedly very quiet.  Smart in the sense that it also actively/electronically blocks wind noise.  Even to the point that it has an ambient sound switch on the side that allows you to turn off the sound function.

Anyone have any further knowledge of this?  It says "coming soon".

But it has a totally sexy real carbon fiber version!
http://www.sena.com/product/noise-control-helmet/
Smart-Helmet_Front1.jpg

Smart-Helmet_Carbon-Fiber1.jpg

And I think I'm actually going to go with the 10c for coms.  All in one.  1280@30fps.  Pretty slick.

I went to the Sena website and read up on this helmet.  That is all kinds of cool.  I love the continuing tech advances.  The ambient noise mic on both this, and the Sena 20 communicator, is the biggest seduction for me.  I pull into a PGR mission and everyone starts talking to me before I get my helmet (and earplugs) off and I can't hear worth a darn.  I have a perfectly functional SMH-10, but I am still tempted to upgrade to the 20 just for that feature.

To work at the optimal sound reduction level, obviously it has to be a full face, standard enclosed helmet.  That, for me, is a deal breaker.  I am totally addicted to modulars.  I'll never wear a full face again.  I wear my modular in full face configuration probably 90 % of the time, but between the flexibility of choosing how to wear it, and the ease of putting it on, I am sold.

If Sena brings out a modular version, I'll be at the front of the checking it out immediately. Until then, I am satisfied with my Neotec.

I think availability will be much later this year...if even then...might be next year...they are still discussing fitment issues...

And...yes...that is $600 (or more) for the helmet...Bluetooth communication not included...still...a lot is up in the air...

Time will tell...

Solomookie said:
I pull into a PGR mission and everyone starts talking to me before I get my helmet (and earplugs) off

Until then, I am satisfied with my Neotec.

Pardonnez-moi, What is a 'PGR mission'?

+1 on a Shoei Neotec.  I wear a Sena SMH5- FM on it.

I used to run with a Shoei RF1100.  I absolutely loved it.  I had tried a few different helmets and in the end, it was leaps and bounds quieter then what I had tried.

I've thought about going with a couple of different full face helmets that really raise a brow. 
To me, the only perk to a modular is being able to scratch my face (vibrations make my nose itch...lol) or take a drink while riding.  But other than that, no easier to get on/off, and the most critical thing to me is noise levels.  Hence my quest for the C3 Pro.  But that's not set in stone anymore.  Especially for the cost.
I've been finding some sweet full faces lately. 

Nexx XT1 and XR2 carbon zero are both sweet lids!  The XT1 has a really cool coms option too.
Shoei RF 1200 is said to be exponentially better than the 1100..
Of course this Sena is now on that radar.  Hate the wait time.  Most likely a deal breaker, because my Z1R is a pile of craaaaaaaaap!
Never been a big believer in the Scorpion helmets, although think they look really cool.

ManWorkingHere said:
[size=12pt]Pardonnez-moi, What is a 'PGR mission'?

Patriot Guard Riders

Our main mission is to attend the funeral services of fallen American heroes as invited guests of the family. Each mission we undertake has two basic objectives:
1. Show our sincere respect for our fallen heroes, their families, and their communities.
2. Shield the mourning family and their friends from interruptions created by any protester or group of protesters.
We accomplish the latter through strictly legal and non-violent means.

Graphicjunkie said:
I am shopping around and still saving for my helmet (C3 Pro) and was trying to recall what model Sena com set I was looking at. 
Went to their website and discovered that they have a smart helmet that is supposedly very quiet.  Smart in the sense that it also actively/electronically blocks wind noise.  Even to the point that it has an ambient sound switch on the side that allows you to turn off the sound function.

Anyone have any further knowledge of this?  It says "coming soon".

But it has a totally sexy real carbon fiber version!
http://www.sena.com/product/noise-control-helmet/
Smart-Helmet_Front1.jpg

Smart-Helmet_Carbon-Fiber1.jpg

And I think I'm actually going to go with the 10c for coms.  All in one.  1280@30fps.  Pretty slick.

That thing looks AWESOME! That's almost as good as the pics Seagiant has in his posts...almost!

A buddy just got a pair of Sena 20's.

we installed them, went for a ride. 

How anyone ever went for rides with friends and not had these, I'll never know.  cruise along, chat with everyone is awesome, and that's only a small portion of what they can do.