• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

September 3rd Saturday Ride on the Olympic Peninsula

charlie gary

"Special" Assistant to the NWAD
Come on out and join Joe Siegel for a ride on the Olympic Peninsula.

- Route will leave Gig Harbor after breakfast at the Sunset Grill, and proceed unfortunately via mostly superslab up Hwy 16 and Route 3 and some two lane for about 55 minutes after leaving Gig Harbor to scenic Port Gamble for another quick coffee break.  Then over the Hood Canal Bridge, then via Hwy 104 and Hwy 101 and Hwy 20 to Port Townsend for then yet another coffee break.  Then back down Hwy 20 and Hwy 101 down the Hood Canal to Hoodsport for lunch at a local burger joint and world famous ice cream across the street at the Hoodsport Coffee Company.  After that down Hwy 101 to Route 106 to Route 3, a cutoff to Route 302 continuing over the Kitsap Peninsula and over the Purdy Spit, then back to Route 16 to Gig Harbor. 

- 190 Miles total

- Meet for breakfast at 9:00AM depart, 10:00AMish.

- Easy exit for anyone that wants to bug out early and head south by continuing down Hwy 101 to I-5 at Olympia instead of continuing along Rt 302 and Hwy 16 back to Gig Harbor. 

- Sunset Grill info:
(253) 851-8282
4926 Point Fosdick Dr NW, Gig Harbor, WA 98335 

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=190737&mo=9&tDate={d%20%272013-09-16%27}

BUMP!!

:1rij:

If we leave Gig Harbor at 1000 as planned, then arrival at Port Gamble will be about 1045 - 1100.
Hope to see you there!  Please God no rain.

We had a good ride today.  Joe and I went up to Port Townsend for coffee, then back down 20 to 101.  We were having more coffee in Hoodsport when Dan Paulsen caught up with us.  We continued south, and in retrospect I should have followed Joe down the road to Belfair instead of staying on 101.  I took 101 to I5 to north of the Nisqually River where I went north to Steilacoom before heading east and home.
  We only saw brief rain showers, so rain wasn't really a factor besides riding where it had already rained and the road was wet.  All in all, it was a pleasant ride.  Thanks, Joe.

LOL. I left home late at 11:30 and rode the Route looking for Concours! Remote chance but the wx was great starting and  most of the day so why not? I had not been to Port Townsend for a few years.
No breaks and no lunch for me, maybe I will see the group?
Was about 3 PM as entering Hoodsport south on 101 when I saw Charlie's and Joe's Connies at a coffee shop. An hour there bench racing.
Well I rode the last few miles of the route with Joe before he split off and a few more with Charlie before splitting off I-5 at Nisqually exit.
45 min before the barn at Yelm on 510 it really poured all the way home, not too bad considering the wx report said rain all day!

Thanks for coming Charley and Dan.  First ride I've put together with COG.
I just started with COG this year but so far have done Dam Dan's ride in OR, the Regional in Stevenson, the National, and my first "sponsored" event.
We really lucked out with the weather.  Was supposed to rain all day, but we had mostly good weather, especially blue skies in Pt. Townsend.