• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Service Contract

elektradw

Moped
My local Kawi dealer offered my a service contract for $1200. That seemed awfully steep for just the first 6 services. Is it imperative that all scheduled maintenance be done at an authorized dealer for the entire 36 months in order to keep the warranty valid? Does anyone know what the first 6 services would cost relative to service contract offered?

The dealer is making you pay in advance for maintenance. Some of the simpler things can be done by you until you get to the valve checks and then I believe the dealer always say the valves are in spec.
So No, No No.  Spend the money on farkles so it is something you can see or feel on every ride.

Rash

there is NO requirement that I am aware of where they can void your warranty if a Kawi dealer doesn't do ALL services.

Just keep records of what you do and they cannot deny a claim for that basis 

Mad River Marc said:
there is NO requirement that I am aware of where they can void your warranty if a Kawi dealer doesn't do ALL services.

Just keep records of what you do and they cannot deny a claim for that basis

Exactly. They cannot require you to have work done at the dealer. But they could deny if you do not have some kind of documentation to prove you did the maintenance, and they have reason to belive it was not performed. Your written notes and receipts for the parts should be adequate.