• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

set of Michelin pr3's ?

ripper

Moped
Hi everybody . I just started a new job. I'm commuting
200 miles a day. Where's the cheapest place to get a
set of pr3's ? I don't have a comp yet. It's kinda hard
with my phone  to shop around. I'll try to figure out the
mileage on this set and post it. I think I forgot to write
the mileage down when I put on the rear but I can get
Close. Probly got a couple weeks left before I will need
tires.  :-\

Thanks

Chuck

Oh yea
I could move closer to the job but it's only a few months
And I kinda like riding few hours a day anyway.

Congratulations on the new job!  My commute is an hour and a half each way, and riding to work is a whole lot easier on Connie, whereas riding home from work on her is an absolute joy!

I ran a Google Shopping query on Michelin Pilot Road 3 and you can see the results HERE.  They're all clustered around the same price point.

Thanks CD that's exactly what I wanted. There are some
good deals. I wussed out this morning and drove my
van. It poured rain for 100 miles. If I wasn't so tired
from traveling down here I would have rode in today.
Kinda wish I had. Almost fell asleep in my van.

Thanks again

I'm pretty much rested now comon rain :))

I ordered a set of pr3's... 299. Competition accessories Free shipping  I still have
a Pr2  with little rubber left so now I should be good for
awhile. Thanks for the heads up CD. The Pr2 cost me
250. mounted so i feel I got a great deal. I bought my
Nomar changer last fall so it's time to get it to work..
This forum has been great!

ripper said:
I ordered a set of pr3's... 299. Competition accessories Free shipping  I still have
a Pr2  with little rubber left so now I should be good for
awhile. Thanks for the heads up CD. The Pr2 cost me
250. mounted so i feel I got a great deal. I bought my
Nomar changer last fall so it's time to get it to work..
This forum has been great!

If you have a No-Mar, how much would you charge for me to start shipping my tires to you so I could come by for a tire changing party?  ;D

Hey Jeremy

The shop rates for tire mount dismount are pay for
shop supplies

Soapy water,grease,wheel cleaner,and lead weight

Refreshments are on the shop :)

Should have the nomar paid off Purdy quick. Right now
I'm in Monroe La. working . If anyone needs some
help with anything hollar at me . I'd be honored to help

Just put in my order for my PR3's last night at Comp. Acc. Delivered for $300. I won't need them til June or so, but with the prices starting to go up I'd rather not take a chance on the price by then with the coat of gas now, who knows where it will go by then. Can't wait to get the Brickstones that came with the bike off and try these babies out!

I don't remember what I paid for my PR3s, but they came from Revsilla. They are on my bike now, waiting for the weather to warm up.

I just bought from Murphs. He had them shipped and at the shop before I could even hit him with an email to check on when they would be shipped.

Had my bike in Noblesville In Diana Kawi for the big service at 15K, they were replacing TPMS under warranty and asked if I wanted to change the tires. Suggested Bridgestones but I wanted the PR3's to which they said these are PR3's and we have never seen wear this bad. Still. I went back to this board and still wanted the PR 3's

Tech pulled the tires and could not wait to call me. He had pulled he tire and found the answer to the abnormal wear. The place where I had them put on last time had talked me into Dyna beads. THey had left the weights on which is kind of silly with Dyna beads but when he opened up the tire he found that they had put the whole package in the tire. As in.... package and all.... no wonder the wear pattern was as funky as it could be.....

I think I am gonna like this set a whole lot better. Heading to the NCAA in Nashville on thursday to watch Ohio battle Michigan...the OHIO...1804 ....not A&M (state) 1874....We will see. Hoping for great weather and smooth roads.

My local CycleGear couldn't match ComAcc's price, but they met me half way.  They did throw in Tire Guard for free, plus I get the tires right there and then.