• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Setting the Sag

Fred H.

Back in 2012 I spent nearly a year developing a chart to show suspension settings for various riders weight, and Carey Wofford and I spent a day at the national testing out various weight riders and getting bikes dialed in. I published this article in Chalkdust II, along with over 100 pages of other C14 tech data, and it is posted in the Tech Pages section on the COG site.

Anyway, attached is the article for setting the sag. This should give you a good baseline setting for how to get your suspension set up. I can't tell you the number of folks who bring me bikes that still have the factory settings on all the suspension components and are way out of balance.

Attachments

• SettingTheSag.pdf
    567.9 KB · Views: 496
Thanks for sharing your knowledge. So impressed with this community of Concours owners who are generous with their time, knowledge and experience to help others.(y)

Back in 2012 I spent nearly a year developing a chart to show suspension settings for various riders weight, and Carey Wofford and I spent a day at the national testing out various weight riders and getting bikes dialed in. I published this article in Chalkdust II, along with over 100 pages of other C14 tech data, and it is posted in the Tech Pages section on the COG site.

Anyway, attached is the article for setting the sag. This should give you a good baseline setting for how to get your suspension set up. I can't tell you the number of folks who bring me bikes that still have the factory settings on all the suspension components and are way out of balance.
Thanks so much for this great information. I have been doing a bunch of work on a 2009 I recently received (new tires, stainless hydraulic lines, changed coolant,...) using a excellent set of DVD's you created. My next job is to make sure the suspension is tuned to me since the previous owner was a bit larger. I love the feel of everything I have done so far... suspension will be icing on the cake.