• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Shinko 777 HD with no placement dot

cragantler

I received my new Shinko 777 HD to install on the Mean Streak wheel.
First time using Shinko and noticed it does not have the dot on the tire. Front Battleax I just put on did and lined the dot up with the air valve.
Could this be because it’s a rear tire or?? :??:
Is there another way to determine proper tire placement or am I overthinking this :)
Thanks, Doug

There's a couple of top tier tire manufacturers that also don't have the dot on their tires, Michelin is one of them.  I've been putting tires on bikes for a long time and it really doesn't matter that much in terms of adding more weight to the final balance of the wheel. 

crag antler said:
I received my new Shinko 777 HD to install on the Mean Streak wheel.
First time using Shinko and noticed it does not have the dot on the tire. Front Battleax I just put on did and lined the dot up with the air valve.
Could this be because it’s a rear tire or?? :??:
Is there another way to determine proper tire placement or am I overthinking this :)
Thanks, Doug
You could put the wheel/tire on the balancer before you seat the beads so that you could rotate the tire on the wheel and find the best spot.  HTH