• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Shinko verge front and rear tires = marbles !?

bearcat

Training Wheels
Hello all.

As the title says,  Shinko verge front and rear tires = marbles  !?

Great cornering tire, good on smooth surfaces.  But very unstable on rain grooves and surface separation grooves at 70+ mph.

These tires have about 1000 miles on them.  Running stock tires pressure, rebuilt front folks with progressive springs, 40lbs air on rear shock, no Ex-tra weight or bags.  Tried lowering tire pressures with no success.

Based on my search this seems to be a problem with some of these Shinko Verge tires.    Any input or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks for reading my post.

i just had them installed on my 01. I like them, grip well nice feel but I get a wobble at 70+ on the highway. not sure if its the tires because I had a slight one before with my heavily worn out D205's. They are a great price but if it means I have a weird wobble or feel ill return em for something else.....screw that noise lol...im hoping its something else on my bike but I have only 15K on it so I don't think any bearings would be gone.

I've run Shinko's front and back, haven't wavered from the rear yet, alternated the front tire between brands, never an issue that I felt.

Reference tire pressure, the front tire is at least 39 -40 lbs for this heavy bike. Anything less, regardless of brand, will have my front start cupping. When the front does get lower air (sitting up for an extended time and dummy me doesn't check tire pressure pre-ride) I can feel it.
Steering head bearings need attending to also, might be worth a check.

HTH

Neonsnow said:
what tire pressure do you run in the rear?

Been running what the service manual recommends.  36 psi / 250 kPa  front      41 psi / 290 kPa rear.