• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Shock / Shock Linkage Bolt Torque Values

I'm guessing that your looking for torque values in ft·lb since you didn't specify other. These are from my 2008 manual, but they should be the same for the 2010 C14. I do not think anything has changed in that respect with the Gen II C14's. Maybe somebody could pull out their Gen II manual and double check for you. Hope it helps.

Axle Bracket Locknut - 72.3 ft·lb
Final Gear Case Locknut - 72.3 ft·lb
Rear Shock Absorber Nut (Lower) - 25 ft·lb
Rear Shock Absorber Nut (Upper) - 25 ft·lb
Rocker Arm Nut - 25 ft·lb
Swingarm Pivot Collar Locknut - 72.3 ft·lb
Swingarm Pivot Shaft -  15 ft·lb
Swingarm Pivot Shaft Nut - 79.7 ft·lb
Tie-Rod Nuts - 44 ft·lb
Torque Rod Nuts - 44 ft·lb

That matches up with what I found 25 ft/lbs and 44 ft/lbs...for the shock and tierod respectively.
thx Cap'n :beerchug:

You're wise to use a torque wrench when working on any suspension related bolts. This is not a place to cut corners and guess.