• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Shoei immenent

Had some trouble finding that model...I am guessing that after looking at Revzilla's website that you have  the Shoei Neotec in the Imminent graphic...  I can't really say why you are experiencing a louder than normal noise level...Shoei goes on about how quiet the new Neotec helmet is, and how it has all these nifty features to make it much more quiet than the previous model of modular helmet they made... Have you added a communications device or other devices that protrude from the helmet?  Do you have the chin curtain on the helmet?  I have a Neotec and it's one of the quietest helmets I have ever owned..

coolrogue1 said:
Had some trouble finding that model...I am guessing that after looking at Revzilla's website that you have  the Shoei Neotec in the Imminent graphic...  I can't really say why you are experiencing a louder than normal noise level...Shoei goes on about how quiet the new Neotec helmet is, and how it has all these nifty features to make it much more quiet than the previous model of modular helmet they made... Have you added a communications device or other devices that protrude from the helmet?  Do you have the chin curtain on the helmet?  I have a Neotec and it's one of the quietest helmets I have ever owned..

Yes I guess it is the imminent graphic,as far as helmets I have o my had one other modular and dont recall the brand but it definitely wasn't as noisy as theis Neotec, I was at cycle world and was talking to employee, told him my helmet was noisy , told him I have a exte large-or large , not even sure at this moment, he had me try on two others and told me my helmet was way to big and should be wearing a medium, going to try to chang the liners to see ifnit helps, if not I will try to sell and take the loss and get a different helmet,I just received my Sena 20 to day so I will wait to I stall it till later.

I have a Neotech. It's interesting to me that the helmet is much quieter when the face shield is fully up. When the face shield is down, the wind noise is quite loud - even with ear plugs. My windshield is a Cee Bailey extra tall ultra tour domed. In the full up position, my eyes are about four inches above the top of the windshield. I could stand for the windshield to be about two to four inches taller, but don't know if the flimsy windshield brackets could handle the extra force.

Bigfoot_16 said:
I have a Neotech. It's interesting to me that the helmet is much quieter when the face shield is fully up. When the face shield is down, the wind noise is quite loud - even with ear plugs. My windshield is a Cee Bailey extra tall ultra tour domed. In the full up position, my eyes are about four inches above the top of the windshield. I could stand for the windshield to be about two to four inches taller, but don't know if the flimsy windshield brackets could handle the extra force.

Bigfoot....you are clearly, a uh -- big Boy!
I don't think you could possibly buy a bigger screen without custom ordering it, and yes -- I think you'd be in jeopardy of causing serious harm to the screen mechanism.

as for the Shoei --

I have the same issue with my GT Air: shield down, noiser than Up.

have to say as well -- not been happy with this lid since I bought it.
And what I paid, I expect ALOT more.
Already had a warranty repair done on the front chin inlet by Shoei, which took FOREVER and cost a King's Ransom to ship to and Fro.
Now I seem to have inadvertently damaged or broken the ratcheting shield mechanism while removing the shield to clean it.
Really not happy.
My Previous X11 is still in use, and never had ANY of these types of simple quality control issues as the GT Air.
I don't understand the hype over this lid, but call me underimpressed, and looking to jump ship to a different brand, I'm sorry to say.  :(

gr

Yea I am not real happy with the Neotec after all the reviews I read said it is quiet, and for $600 I should have some noise protection,honestly not much better then a half helmet I use to wear, it is a little bit quieter if I put the windshield all the way up.

Chin curtain is on and no communication system yet, have the sena 20 but wont install it yet, I like the helmet other then the noise.

Pinlock plugs tend to popout randomly, and this too makes the shield more noisey (wind).

I have noticed that my sena 20s has managed to achieve a higher Volume level with music playing via BT, upon the latest update to the software.
This was a LONG time coming, but seems to help when wearing earplugs to attenuate wind noise, and still being able to hear the music through the in-helmet speakers.

My attempts to wear IN EAR high end earplugs failed, due to comfort.  My ear canals were sore for a week after a few hours  wearing the IEM's under my helmet.  :-[
Sounded good though.

gr

Well my neotec save my head saturday night, wont have to worry about its noise any more! Inoosted a few pics on face book page, cant get pics to post here.