• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Shoei Neotec 2

56taskforce

I was in Cycle Gear to get some push pins for my fairing and couldn't resist trying on a Neotec 2. I think this may have been a bad idea as I now have to have one. I found this helmet so comfortable if I get one I may just throw my pillow away and sleep in the helmet LOL
I don't care how expensive it is this will be my next lid :)

I have been resisting dropping the  dough on one since they came out. Have had  several Shoei lids over the years and never disappointed. My wife has the original Syncrotech model and it is still an excellent lid. Trying a Scorpion GT920 tomorrow but if it does not tick every box  I am going with the Shoei.

I was amazed at how well the Neotec fit with my glasses and I am not kidding my head was more comfortable with it on,  It was like burying your head in the cleavage of a perfect bosom ;)

Grant said:
I was in Cycle Gear to get some push pins for my fairing and couldn't resist trying on a Neotec 2. I think this may have been a bad idea as I now have to have one. I found this helmet so comfortable if I get one I may just throw my pillow away and sleep in the helmet LOL
I don't care how expensive it is this will be my next lid :)

Just go buy it. I bought a new one recently and find it to be the perfect lid for sport touring type riding. Its not terrific in regards to wind noise but ear plugs work just the same in this helmet as they do in any other.  You won't be disappointed.

I've had a neotec for a couple years now and (for the most part) love it.

Pros- the face shield / smoked slider / anti-fog insert is great for 24hr any condition riding, road noise is a lot lighter than my HJC full-face.

Cons- I DON'T like the shoei catch/pivot mechs. for the face shield...they should take a lesson from HJC. :-[

I tried on the Neotec 2 helmet, and it is the first Shoei helmet that felt good on my head.  Although pricey, a good helmet can make long rides a whole lot more enjoyable.  I currently have a Sena 20S that is only a couple years old, so not interested in buying the unit that fits in the helmet.

So I assume, based on the helmet, you would have to use adhesive tape to mount the 20S to the helmet.  Has anyone mounted an outside the helmet unit to the Neotec?

Steve

I will have one to sell soon if anyone is interested. XL Silver and has a Sena 20 included. I'm busy with other stuff right now, but if you are interested send me a pm.

2fast said:
I will have one to sell soon if anyone is interested. XL Silver and has a Sena 20 included. I'm busy with other stuff right now, but if you are interested send me a pm.

Is it the Neotec 2?

2fast said:
Dunno. How do you tell?
I am pretty sure what you have is the a first gen Neotec as the II is designed to work hand in hand with a Sena that was specifically designed for it and the 20 would be difficult to mount.

I may have seen this on the fakebook page and responded. Yes the regular 20 still attaches. Just loose a bit of aerodynamics I would guess

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
I may have seen this on the fakebook page and responded. Yes the regular 20 still attaches. Just loose a bit of aerodynamics I would guess
Yes you have to move it back further than most would like though. The area where you would normally want it is too thick as there is a pocket there where the Sena ment for that helmet mounts internally.

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
Looks like the new SENA is still not available in my area yet
I know Cycle Gear is out of stock, that is why I don't have one yet :great:

I looked at the neotec recently, I did not care for the new style ratchet system on the strap, I know all the facts support the chin bar closure system being strong enough too but I still personally cannot get past that. I bought the bright yellow RF-1200 instead because it was the only helmet I could find other than the Schuberth that was NOT made in China.

Strawboss said:
I looked at the neotec recently, I did not care for the new style ratchet system on the strap, I know all the facts support the chin bar closure system being strong enough too but I still personally cannot get past that. I bought the bright yellow RF-1200 instead because it was the only helmet I could find other than the Schuberth that was NOT made in China.

you finally upgraded from the orange shoei TZ? im shocked... 

I like the Neotec 2 but I don’t like having to spend for a whole new BT comm unit since I already have a Sena 20s.  This is a deal breaker for me right now.  I think they should have designed it to be compatible with both an external comm unit or the SRL.  Read also that you can’t charge the SRL while riding which is a bummer for long trips.

Here is my input on the Neotec 2 (if anyone cares):

The fit is outstanding for me. My old HJC modular caused a hot spot on my forehead after a couple of hours.

In my opinion, the Neotec 2 is not quieter than my old HJC modular. The sun shield on the HJC came down lower as well. Neotec 2 has better ventilation.

The SRL bluetooth system works well although I prefered the rotating volume knob on my old 10S to the push button volume adjustments on the SRL. However worth the change for the integrated bluetooth to me.

If I could have tried the Neotec 2 for a couple weeks, not sure I would have bought it. It ain't cheap.