• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Shorai Battery

scjaws

Bicycle
Bought one this past Feb. Love the weight reduction.  But..... about two weeks ago after not being able to ride for a few weeks (physical problems) I received my fancy Shorai charger in the mail. Plugged it in thinking this was a good opportunity to test it out.  The Battery would only charge to 10 volts.  I emailed Shorai and the tech said it sounded like I had lost one cell, something that happens in about 0.5% of their batteries.
Three days later I had a new battery in my bike and it has been working fine. Great response, great support. :)

Glad to hear that they stood behind it and got you fixed up. I have an 18 amp hour Shorai in my bike and so far I haven't had any problems with it.

Although I don't like to hear of troubles. I do like to hear of companies being stand up and standing behind their products, when troubles do arise!  :s_good: