• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

shroud

wparvin

Bicycle
Anyone know where I can get the shroud that goes over the gauges? The previous owner had a run in with the pavement & the right side of the shroud has a nice chunk in it & a crack also. Doesn't have to be new. The right wind deflector & saddlebag took a hit as well. The bag doesn't leak but the gouges don't look pretty, can this be repaired?

BillP: I used a product called DEVCON plastic welder ( ACE HARDWARE) to repairsome gouges in my left saddlebag [un-scheduled get off]. It's held pretty well; still needs some "dressing up" and will probably never be factory fresh; just beats the heck out of a $500.00 bill for one saddlebag! There are always bags of varying condition for sale on the internet. I repainted mine with a "rattle can" from Wal-Mart by dry and wet sanding the surfaces before and between each coat of paint. I did both bags to match the outer shell of the bags. Didn't do the inboard side; tried to polish that area with rubbing compound....sorta worked (?) Hope this helps,

Ma K (Kawasaki) will sell you the shroud. All the parts for the Connie are still available from them Make sure you get the right year as the 86 -93 are different from the 94 -06 Also you will find folks parting out bikes on ebay from time to time. Some folks have sprayed the bags with truck bed liner. Its supposed to look quite good. Cheers Colin
2606714340100596652OGFlOW_th.jpg

I have successfully repaired cracks in the black plastic parts (including the shroud and the saddlebag) by "welding" - using a cheapo soldering iron. Just make sure you have good ventilation, and make deep runs with the soldering iron along the crack. You don't even need filler material if it is only a crack. Just go in the crack with the tip and smooth it together. Do it on both sides. By the way, the black plastic is polypropylene which cannot be glued with anything AFAK. Hope this helps. Las