• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Sierra Foothills Ride, Saturday, 10/25 - CANCELLED

gfinca

Crotch Rocket
Weather permitting, I'd like to get a ride in before it really starts cooling off.  Depart from Black Bear Diner in Manteca at 9:30 or meet for breakfast at 8:30.  The plan is to ride to Mariposa for lunch via Hwy 132 and 49, then back on some alternate back roads for a total of about 220 miles.  Anyone interested?  :)  :motonoises:

Here ya go SWCOG Ca area. Folks are posting up rides. Volunteering the time and effort. Time to participate!  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug: :)

Gary,

I'm waiting on a rear brake caliper from Kawasaki, it is supposed to arrive this Saturday. I'm having a local shop install it. So, assuming all goes to plan, I will join you.

Thanks,

Raymond

I'll see if I can make this ride, Gary, but it depends on how my back feels. I was down at Oceano Dunes (Pismo) a week and a half ago and rolled my quad dropping over a slip face way too fast at an angle. I high sided and the quad landed on me. I can barely sit the bike right now, forget riding.

If not this, then I'll try to make the wrench session. See ya there?

Jim, it's pretty easy to get hurt at Oceano, been there done that a couple of times.  Hope the back heals quickly.

I can't make the wrench session due to a prior commitment.  Too bad, it sounds like a good time.

It's at Gary's place in Rocklin. Usually a good turn out. Don't know if he plans on doing a bbq later in the day, but if you bring something in the way of drinks or snacks they will be appreciated.

Hope you can make it, Ed. I'll send the contact in a private message.

Sacramento area wrench session:

On November 1st, there will be a wrenching session. So far, we have several changing the air filters on their C14s. (Apparently, it's a much more involved job than the C10.) Ken well be bringing his tire changer for those needing new shoes. There are a few needing to work on their C10s.

Gary Muma has been gracious, once again - thank you Gary, and will be letting us use his garage.

Thanks JP. I've Buddy's OK to get this on the calendar along with a few other things. Hope to have it posted up this weekend. I'll let you all know when.
Mark

Is anyone interested in the foothill ride?  It looks like there may be rain in the afternoon in the northernmost areas of the ride, but so far most of the area looks to be dry the whole day.

Gary - I think I'm going to pass on this ride, I need to stay home and do some chores before we start getting rain.

No, that's not right... I just don't want to ride 680/580 to Manteca and then across the valley to get to the good roads when I have the Santa Cruz Mtns 15 miles west of me and the Diablo Mtns 5 miles east.  :))

Plus, I'm thinking of doing the Doc Wong clinic on Sunday if I can get Kansas Rob (Sandman) to come along.

Have a good ride.

Due to the uncertain weather and lack of participants, I'm going to cancel the ride.  I'll try again in the spring  :motonoises: :)