• Do you want to post in the COG forum? Join the club (free limited trial membership available) or upgrade/renew your membership to enjoy full posting privileges.
    For simple instructions, click here
  • Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Sierra Sidewinder weekend rolling rally Oct. 15-17

faser422769

Unfortunately I’m out, not gonna be able to make it. If anybody needs my reservations I’ll notify the staff at the hotel np if necessary as I booked early for a room on both nights at the suggested hotels.

Wandrng

Just a nerd who rides
Unfortunately I’m out, not gonna be able to make it. If anybody needs my reservations I’ll notify the staff at the hotel np if necessary as I booked early for a room on both nights at the suggested hotels.
Well that's a bummer.

Wandrng

Just a nerd who rides
Don't forget, for those interested, SantaCruzRider set up a little extra riding on Friday - Riders wanting a little extra curves can meet Friday at 3 p.m. at The Hideout Saloon in Mariposa, CA. ( https://g.page/HistoricSaloonRestaurant?share ) From there we will ride The Little Dragon (Hwy 49) en route to Jamestown.

This is an awesome set of twisties.

Hwy 49 in the background

5_49_HDR2.jpg

Last edited:

dgold

My little group leaving Newhall Friday morning are planning to meet up in Mariposa.
But first we are stopping near Auberry to visit where I had a deer strike several years ago.
I had lost my extra pannier key and would like to find it.

Motomaniac

COG Southwest Area Director

santacruzrider

No guarantees, but the forecast is improving a bit from when I lpoked last week. It’s now looking like some chance of precip this coming weekend, but then warming trend to highs in mid-60s and single digit chance of snow the weekend we ride.

With any luck, we will have clear roads, with some sprinkling of snow on the peaks to make your photos looks more impressive! But you may want to bring your warmer riding gloves!

captainmarko

I sent faser422769 a message. Anybody know how I can get these reservations?

captainmarko

Okay, I've made a reservation for Saturday night. Got the last room. Friday night hotel is full up. She said she might open up a reservation by Monday night. In the event that nothing opens up, anybody got a spare bed for Friday night? I'm clean and I don't poop on the floor. Hartman will confirm this.

Motomaniac

Okay, I've made a reservation for Saturday night. Got the last room. Friday night hotel is full up. She said she might open up a reservation by Monday night. In the event that nothing opens up, anybody got a spare bed for Friday night? I'm clean and I don't poop on the floor. Hartman will confirm this.
Mark, I think we (Jack and I) have an extra bed in our room and you are welcome to use it. I will double check...pooping and being dirty are ok too. :LOL: ;)

Last edited:

omoacmc5917

I can confirm Mr. Owen cleans up his own swirlies. And does bring the peat bog boozes. CU there.

Wandrng

Just a nerd who rides
Just for a quick reminder to those coming to start the ride in Mariposa on Friday afternoon - we want to be kickstands-up at 3PM if possible.

Saturday we'll be kickstands-up close to 8AM in Jamestown. We have riding, food and scenery to enjoy.

Weather for the weekend ride is gonna be awesome!

All passes are open.

garageman

I hope you will welcome a last minute entry. I will come down from Oregon and plan to be in Mariposa in time for kick stands up.
Due to the last minute plan I will be in different motels but only a few blocks away both nights.
I just have to get away from work before my head explodes.

santacruzrider

I hope you will welcome a last minute entry. I will come down from Oregon and plan to be in Mariposa in time for kick stands up.
Due to the last minute plan I will be in different motels but only a few blocks away both nights.
I just have to get away from work before my head explodes.
Woot woot -- you are most welcome to join, and we will be watching for you. Email sent with some details, but as long as you find us in Mariposa or Jamestown, we will get if figured out.

See you tomorrow.

dgold

Just made in home.
Starting home at 7:30 this morning may have seemed drastic but the was no traffic and the pass was memorable. Just a shame there was high winds on the 5 down to LA.
Can't wait til next time but let's just pass on the Royal Carriage Hotel!

Wandrng

Just a nerd who rides
A huge thanks to Dan for putting on another great event. The roads were a blast. Food was top notch. And the people were the best. Awesome to see and meet everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_20211015_152307.jpg
    IMG_20211015_152307.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20211016_103909.jpg
    IMG_20211016_103909.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20211017_111427.jpg
    IMG_20211017_111427.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 27

santacruzrider

Just made in home.
Starting home at 7:30 this morning may have seemed drastic but the was no traffic and the pass was memorable. Just a shame there was high winds on the 5 down to LA.
Can't wait til next time but let's just pass on the Royal Carriage Hotel!
Glad you guys got out early and avoided traffic. I'll confirm with the Carriage Hotel that you get a DELUXE room next year! :ROFLMAO: Toilet, shower -- AND a water connection!

Motomaniac

Fantastic riding, roads, weather and riders! Thank you to all that came to this Meet and Greet and those that could not travel out you missed a very fun set of roads! Thank you Dan for putting this together! I think we would all agree that we cannot wait to ride the passes again next year!! Here are a few pictures of our adventure. Picture 1 Highway 49 Mariposa, Ca. Picture 2 Ebbetts Pass on Highway 4. Picture 3 Sonora Pass Highway 108. Me hugging the sign! Picture 4 Rest stop!

Attachments

• Sierra 1.jpg
    Sierra 1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Sierra 2.jpg
    Sierra 2.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Sierra 3.JPG
    Sierra 3.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Sierra 4.jpg
    Sierra 4.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 22

garageman

450 miles from my house to Mariposa but I got there on time. Great bunch of guys but the Hideout Saloon was another level of society. Nice meal in Jamestown that night and I was around the corner in the Railtown Motel with a good room. The next day I learned not to trust anybody with an FJR who says " Follow me, I have the loop in my GPS", unless you like gravel.
After breakfast in Markleville I headed North through Reno, Susanville and into the Rogue Valley with heavy rain the last 40 miles. Home at 5:00PM.
Great bunch of guys and I loved the mountain passes.

Attachments

• I have the route in my GPS.jpeg
    I have the route in my GPS.jpeg
    688.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Mybike is getting dirty.jpeg
    Mybike is getting dirty.jpeg
    646.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Breakfast and adios.jpeg
    Breakfast and adios.jpeg
    438.5 KB · Views: 29

omoacmc5917

Against all appearances I had a fantastic time seeing everyone again. The roads were epic, the fellowship even more so. Thank you all for the help and concern. It really means alot. Dan, Keith another fantastic job on an epic event. Keep it up. As I have said before, these are some of the finest people I have ever met. Bar none. I am very proud to claim you all as friends. Sincerely. Very very happy I found this club. CU in Laughlin.