• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Signal Dynamics self canceling turn signal module 01501

silverfoxxx

I’ve seen several posts of this module being used. I ordered one to put on my 2013 C14. When it arrived and I read the instructions, it had separate wireing for left and right turn signal switches like found on Harley’s. Instructions also stated would not work on Japanese models. So what did I miss on adapting it to work on my bike? 
Thanks for any help

Ken said:
I’ve seen several posts of this module being used. I ordered one to put on my 2013 C14. When it arrived and I read the instructions, it had separate wireing for left and right turn signal switches like found on Harley’s. Instructions also stated would not work on Japanese models. So what did I miss on adapting it to work on my bike? 
Thanks for any help

Their website says, "Please Note: The Self Canceling Turn Signal Module™ requires momentary push buttons to operate (not included). Latching-type switches, or push to cancel type switches, will not work properly because these types of switches send constant power to your turn signals when on and will defeat the main purpose of the self canceling feature."

So, what kind of switch are you using to control the module?

gsun said:
MikeL_NJ said:
kovy said:
Hi

Why buy signal dynamics when you have Smart Turn System

www.safer-turn.com

ohhhhh thank you this looks awesome!
Mike

Yeah, but 149 euros! ouch!

Yes 149 eur, but compared to 100€ for sygnal dynamics... I watched all the reviews and if you want canceling turn signals, you have to take smart turn system. And i just noticed they have 20% off sale right now. LIMITED30 code on their checkout.

kovy said:
gsun said:
MikeL_NJ said:
kovy said:
Hi

Why buy signal dynamics when you have Smart Turn System

www.safer-turn.com

ohhhhh thank you this looks awesome!
Mike

Yeah, but 149 euros! ouch!

Yes 149 eur, but compared to 100€ for sygnal dynamics... I watched all the reviews and if you want canceling turn signals, you have to take smart turn system. And i just noticed they have 20% off sale right now. LIMITED30 code on their checkout.

Kovy, it sounds like you are trying to tell us about a good item available out there that you have discovered, but it seems a rather strong coincidence that you have the same name as the CEO of the company under discussion. 

Are you indeed the CEO of this company and trying to drum up business for yourself by misrepresenting yourself as not affiliated and thereby misleading our membership?  We have rules here governing advertising that we adhere to.  I realize you are not of this country and business practices may be different in your locale, however, here only our Industry Members are allowed to advertise their products in our industry section.  Anything else posted by manufacturers or distributers is considered spam and is not allowed. 

Attachments

• KOVY.jpg
    KOVY.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 122
Seems there isn't a denial. Thanks Rev for being so eagle eyed and the way you "invited" him to become an industry member. Really appreciate the watchfulness  :great:

I really enjoyed the week and a half that my Kissan unit lasted.

To be fair, mine was an older model.  A friend gave it to me. He had had it for a year, and never installed it.  They may be amazing, now.

It's last reminder was pretty innovative.  No idea how long I left the signal on for.  After x time, it reminded me because I smelled the unit melting.  Could not see the flame as the side panal covered it.

No factory support as I did not buy it, from them directly.

Hi

Well sorry for my late reply. Ofcourse i am founder, and ofcourse i dont want to hide that. I could have easily entered some other name  ;)

I am not forcing anyone into anything, since some of you still buy a lot of other stuff for turn signals. I am driving with STS 1 and a half year, and so do many more riders. And their feedback is nothing more less than amazing. So why not share that with all riders? Dont take that for an advert, it is not. I had this problem myself. Why not help fellow rider?

Just be aware - you have to give your email address when asking if it is compatible with your bike if not listed. Then be prepared for an almost DAILY junk email from them.  :mad:

gsun said:
Just be aware - you have to give your email address when asking if it is compatible with your bike if not listed. Then be prepared for an almost DAILY junk email from them.  :mad:

we want to give you as many info as possible. If you call that junk... Well we are not forcing you to give us your email and you have that "unsubscribe" button on the bottom of every email.

STS is sort of plug and play. We didnt make the unit to be plugged into conenctor, because these connectors are deep under  the body and in most cases that is really time consuming. We have made it in a way that you insert it in a set of wires anywhere between turn signal switch and first connector, anywhere where there is enough room to do the installation.

kovy said:
STS is sort of plug and play. We didnt make the unit to be plugged into conenctor, because these connectors are deep under  the body and in most cases that is really time consuming. We have made it in a way that you insert it in a set of wires anywhere between turn signal switch and first connector, anywhere where there is enough room to do the installation.
O.k., thanks for the reply.