• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Skyline Blvd. Woodside, CA

larry.bogle

Tricycle
My son and I rode Skyline Blvd (hwy 35) thru Woodside, CA today from Hwy 17 north to Hwy 92. Passed a black C-10 heading south about 1/2 mile from hwy 92. Great ride, especially on the very south end of Skyline and Bear Creek roads. Really narrow and twisty on that end. Had my wife on the back Friday afternoon on Page Mill Road. Scared the bejeezus out of her! hahaha

I haven't ridden that ride in 20 years.  It's on the punch list of places to take the Connie.  Soon hopefully.

LaB said:
Had my wife on the back Friday afternoon on Page Mill Road. Scared the bejeezus out of her! hahaha

I love Page Mill road on a motorcycle.  Not so fun going up on a bicycle though  ;).  I also suggest Hwy 9 from Saratoga to Santa Cruz and Hwy 84 from Woodside to the Ocean  :13:

My Sunday morning loop is from Woodside up Kings Mtn to 35, south to Sky Londa/Alice's for some tire kicking, then out La Honda/84 to Stage Rd. down to Pescadero, then Cloverdale to Gazos Crk to Hwy 1, down to Davenport for a quick drink. Then up Bonny Doon Rd. to Empire Grade, up to Jamison Crk. and then down 236 to Hwy 9 in Boulder Crk. Then back up 9 to 35, stop at the parking lot there and decide whether to head home or keep riding. About 110 miles and everything from technical goat trails to fast, perfect pavement.

Lots of great riding in the Santa Cruz Mtns. Get up there early if you want to avoid traffic.

I've ridden Skyline Blvd. from S.F (Sutro Baths) down the coast, up into the hills, Hwy. 17 and ( thru Big Basin Park) and enjoyed every minute of it. Never been to Alice's on a weekend; somehow missed that. But a great ride and one I do again given the chance.

Ride safe all,