• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Smackdown at the Shack GA/FLA Border Challenge RTE

reid53

November 2nd!!  Put this date on your calendar.  It is time again for the "Smackdown at the Shack."  This is our 5th year in a row now and is a RTE that you don't want to miss!  It is a challenge to the Floriduh gang and the Georgia folks to see who can bring the most riders.  It is held at the Shack by the Track in St. George Ga. http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/149/932917/restaurant/Georgia/Folkston/Shack-By-The-Track-St-George  Floriduh won last year by cheating and bringing too many Steve's!  We promise redemption this year and Georgia will win back the plaque.  The event is on the SECOG calendar. http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=176769&mo=11&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013%2D11%2D03%27%7D We will start gathering in the parking lot around 10:00.  This place has great BBQ and is cash or check only.  They do not take credit or debit.  See ya there. :beerchug: :motonoises:

This Steve will most likely not make it. We are either going on a last minute cruise or for a ride toward San Antonio. I'm on vaca from 10/30 until 11/11.

Well, there is one less Steve. :(

Y'all have fun up(or down) there.

Oh no, another Floridian no able to make it....me!!! :-[
Yep, have to do the time clock thing..again

Come on out you Florida riders..need to bring the plaque back home to Fl!!

Good place to get to, great fun and a really cool time hanging out with friends!

:cheer:  :celebrate:  :cheer:  :celebrate:

Two of our favorite SE riding ladies can't make the ride. That's disturbing news. Being they are both from FL, maybe GA has a little more chance at getting the trophy back .      Al

IronButtAl said:
Two of our favorite SE riding ladies can't make the ride. That's disturbing news. Being they are both from FL, maybe GA has a little more chance at getting the trophy back .      Al
Nah, I'm sure y'all will find some new Steve's to fill in!! :mad: :))

I'm in for sure. Can offer up a mid Florida point (Tampa area) for folks wanting to come up from the south. Leave fairly early in the AM and stop at Steve's previous McDs location to meet up with others and motor into Ga.

Mike

Bugnut said:
I'm in for sure. Can offer up a mid Florida point (Tampa area) for folks wanting to come up from the south. Leave fairly early in the AM and stop at Steve's previous McDs location to meet up with others and motor into Ga.

Mike
Thanx.

Not making it this year. Giving someone else the chance to win the 50:50. I'm such a great guy  :))

Volcantour said:
Not making it this year. Giving someone else the chance to win the 50:50. I'm such a great guy  :))

Tom, if you wanted to come down Friday and stay with us you are more than welcome.

That goes for anybody who wants to cut the trip up, we will find a spot for you  :)  It is about 150 miles to the shack from my house

COGnosticat0r said:
Volcantour said:

Tom, if you wanted to come down Friday and stay with us you are more than welcome.

That goes for anybody who wants to cut the trip up, we will find a spot for you  :)  It is about 150 miles to the shack from my house
Thanks Jerry, same here. Hostel Yeargan will be open for folks coming down.  About 95 miles to St. George.  About an hour ride! :-\

reid53 said:
COGnosticat0r said:

Thanks Jerry, same here. Hostel Yeargan will be open for folks coming down.  About 95 miles to St. George.  About an hour drive! :-\

Wow, who to choose. It might help if you both posted the amenities you both are offering. Personally, I'm looking for a king suite with Jacuzzi tub, fluffy towels, 50 inch flat-screen tv, free wifi, nice selection of Liqueur or Port and cigar friendly. A nice breakfast selection with gourmet coffee is also a must. But I might settle for slightly less, if the price is right.

MotoCommuter said:
reid53 said:
COGnosticat0r said:

Thanks Jerry, same here. Hostel Yeargan will be open for folks coming down.  About 95 miles to St. George.  About an hour drive! :-\

Wow, who to choose. It might help if you both posted the amenities you both are offering. Personally, I'm looking for a king suite with Jacuzzi tub, fluffy towels, 50 inch flat-screen tv, free wifi, nice selection of Liqueur or Port and cigar friendly. A nice breakfast selection with gourmet coffee is also a must. But I might settle for slightly less, if the price is right.

In your case, the hosts need to know that soundproofing would be most desirable....or a good set of earplugs  :great:

MotoCommuter said:

55" Flat Screen 240hz 1080p, queen sofa bed that is more comfortable than a regular bed and 2 cats and 5 dogs to keep you company. High fiber cereal for breakfast to keep you regular, MD2020 and Tampa Nugget Panatelas all for the paultry sum of $85 a night  :))

MotoCommuter said:
reid53 said:
COGnosticat0r said:

Too funny.

[thread jack]

Hey Deadeye, if Steve Sefcik comes up on Shoodaben, check out the handle bars. Same setup as I have.(Cuxz I got them from him ;) )

[/thread jack]

Steve
  Thanks will do.  I have a new tire that has been on for a month with LESS than a thousand miles on it.  Wife grounded me the week after I had a heart cath done.  ??? ???  I don't know why?

Bumpity Bump!

Come on all you Floridians...lets ride to get some good food and to see some fun friends again

:motonoises: :motonoises:

:1rij: :1rij:

Jo said:
Bumpity Bump!

Come on all you Floridians...lets ride to get some good food and to see some fun friends again

:motonoises: :motonoises:

:1rij: :1rij:
And kick Georgia's butt, again.  :nananana: :rotflmao: :)) >:D

Considering we usually have 40-60 riders for this event, registration is still stuck at a low number. While registration is not needed to attend, many riders like to see who else will be there. If you're even thinking about coming, please register on the calendar, and come enjoy the day with us at a great BBQ location. There's no penalty if you don't show up. If you're a forum subscriber and thinking about supporting COG with full membership, this is as good a time to meet us a ever.  Al

Heck ya, bump bump! Mas personas!

I can offer up a location east of Tampa for those south of us, and lead up to another meeting point north. Steve J, what's that McDs you normally stop at? We can mossy up that way and move in on Georgia from there.

Mike

Bugnut said:

I can offer up a location east of Tampa for those south of us, and lead up to another meeting point north. Steve J, what's that McDs you normally stop at? We can mossy up that way and move in on Georgia from there.

Mike

Don't bring no moss into Georgia, we will have a police check at the borders  :D

COGnosticat0r said:
Bugnut said:

Mike

Don't bring no moss into Georgia, we will have a police check at the borders  :D
No seriously, I'm bringing a sho nuff South Ga. Chief of Police to this shindig!! :-\

IronButtAl said:
ten signed up so far.......really.....ten?
good food, good friends, good weather, good golly...let's ride

:( To far to go for lunch (350 miles one way) and turn around to go back home in the same day before dark. :'( Sorry ???

Bugnut said:

Mike

Heya Mike. It's in the town of Interlachen. I've spread the word a bit that you planned on swinging through there, so now you hafta.  :nananana:

There is an outside chance that wifey and I will be there, We're taking off on Wed the 30th to just go wander around where the weather does not suck. Presently, we think bouncing around the Redneck Riviera, or maybe NOLA. We'll see what the weather looks like the morning of the 30th. H3ll, we could wind up in Naples.

Edit to add: Seeya at Al's.

SteveJ. said:
Alan_Yucius_FL said:
IronButtAl said:

:( To far to go for lunch (350 miles one way) and turn around to go back home in the same day before dark. :'( Sorry ???

Here ya go, make a weekend out of it.

http://www.hiddenriverresort.com/

BTW, clothing optional.  >:D ???

See ya at Al's

LOOOL!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
IronButtAl said:

where are you coming from? i'm in tampa and a straight shot is right at 200 miles one way for me...i plan to go again this year.

turbo-max said:
Alan_Yucius_FL said:
IronButtAl said:

where are you coming from? i'm in tampa and a straight shot is right at 200 miles one way for me...i plan to go again this year.
He lives down in/by Miami. It's a haul.

SteveJ. said:
turbo-max said:
Alan_Yucius_FL said:
IronButtAl said:

He lives down in/by Miami. It's a haul.

:motonoises: :motonoises: Thanks :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
IronButtAl said:

I have a couch you can crash on afterwards in Jax!!!

Just don't mind the dog and the cat who thinks he's a dog.

Egodriver71 said:
Alan_Yucius_FL said:
IronButtAl said:

I have a couch you can crash on afterwards in Jax!!!

Just don't mind the dog and the cat who thinks he's a dog.

:great:  A big thanks goes out to Jeff for the link to kill more time ( If I go there I may like it TOO MUCH) and to Tom and Al for places to stay. I would need to kill 12 days before the Citrus gathering instead of going South and then North again. Let me think about it.    :)  Thanks AGAIN fellow  COGERS!!  ALAN

Heck, I'll take on all of you Miami/Dade boys overnight if that's all it takes to get you to one of the best one day rides the SE has. Course....it might end up being a party within a ride.
You guys are a bunch of babies. I ride through the night to Maine for a lobster dinner and then head back home. What are you going to do when you get old :mad:

:truce:  OK, It's not the miles that bother me. Doing close to 20,000 miles a year and camping for 2 months at a time is fun.  ;)  :beerchug:                  :mad: It's the same highways I have to drive on all the time just to get out of S.Fl area (about 300 miles one way) .  Can't afford to move to Ga or NC and her health conditions won't permit it if we could.      95/Fl. Turnpike, 441 & 27,75 are the only way to get out of South Florida.  They S--K!    The scenery doesn't change, so might as well roll out 100+ + :motonoises :  :motonoises:  because there is nothing to look at except the car in front of you & who is coming up from the rear. Hate those RED,WHITE & BLUE flashing lights when I see them and then I have to try to justify what I was doing.  :motonoises: :motonoises: Can't drive at nights because of the cataracts  that are developing in both eyes and the light have LARGE star burst around them :'(    The PARTY before the PARTY ( Citrus) SOUNDS GOOD Al but your doing enough as it is.      Later  ALAN in S. Fl :'(           

reid53 said:
November 2nd!!  Put this date on your calendar.  It is time again for the "Smackdown at the Shack."  This is our 5th year in a row now and is a RTE that you don't want to miss!  It is a challenge to the Floriduh gang and the Georgia folks to see who can bring the most riders.  It is held at the Shack by the Track in St. George Ga. http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/149/932917/restaurant/Georgia/Folkston/Shack-By-The-Track-St-George  Floriduh won last year by cheating and bringing too many Steve's!  We promise redemption this year and Georgia will win back the plaque.  The event is on the SECOG calendar. http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=176769&mo=11&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013%2D11%2D03%27%7D We will start gathering in the parking lot around 10:00.  This place has great BBQ and is cash or check only.  They do not take credit or debit.  See ya there. :beerchug: :motonoises:

Come join us for some Q

Is it acceptable to show up in a rental cage?  I'm on a business trip in Cape Canaveral over that weekend and would love to come meet some of you, but they won't check my motorcycle on the plane.  :(  I wouldn't add to the total for either Florida or Georgia either  ;D

By all means, Gary. Swing on by and say howdy. A parking spot could be problematic, but I'm sure something can get figured out. The ribs are marvy, and you get enough with the platter for two meals.

Have fun, the wifey and I will probably be in NOLA about then.

6 MORE DAYS until some good Q' , riding and seeing friends....but who is counting??

Counters will  be Reid and AL for trophy rights

ALL ARE welcome, but must be a COG  member to count for your state.

:72:

GF-in-CA said:
Is it acceptable to show up in a rental cage?  I'm on a business trip in Cape Canaveral over that weekend and would love to come meet some of you, but they won't check my motorcycle on the plane.  :(  I wouldn't add to the total for either Florida or Georgia either  ;D

Gary, depending on whether I get to go with the impending death of my brother, I have a Ninja 250, Eliminator 600 or my C14 you could ride on up there with the wife and I.

You can park that rental under our lovely crepe myrtle and it may be lost by the time we get back.

Just PM me if you want to do that.  Again, I may have to duck out at the last minute.

In addition to the great bbq and hangin out, Boss Al is bringing some pretty nice prizes. :beerchug:

Is this a rain or shine event.  And BTW is it this weekend because Florida Gators are womping on the dawgs this weekend???

Deadeye said:
Is this a rain or shine event.  And BTW is it this weekend because Florida Gators are womping on the dawgs this weekend???
It is supposed to rain Friday nite.  Hopefully cleared out by Saturday morning.  I don't think either team is capable of much womping this year. :mad:

For any folks heading up from around or below the Tampa area, I'm springing from my house at about 6:30. Anyone wanting to roll up 75 for a couple hours to Interlachen then onto the Shack are welcome to swing by. Eight eight one two Aberdeen Creek Circle, Riverview.

Mike

Bugnut said:
For any folks heading up from around or below the Tampa area, I'm springing from my house at about 6:30. Anyone wanting to roll up 75 for a couple hours to Interlachen then onto the Shack are welcome to swing by. Eight eight one two Aberdeen Creek Circle, Riverview.

Mike

cool, if i do go, i plan to roll up to SISF's and ride out with him as i did last year...50/50 that i'm going at this point in time.

edit: for those who plan to go, this is the Mc D's addy in interlachen if you want it!

1154 Florida 20
Interlachen, FL 32148

Local weather shows this front picking up speed today and getting on through here tonight.  Should be good riding weather albeit a little chilly.  Don't worry Floridians, it will be above 40. :-\

reid53 said:
Local weather shows this front picking up speed today and getting on through here tonight.  Should be good riding weather albeit a little chilly.  Don't worry Floridians, it will be above 40. :-\

Us damn Yankees can handle below 40F!!!  :nananana:

cool, if i do go, i plan to roll up to SISF's and ride out with him as i did last year...50/50 that i'm going at this point in time.

[/quote]

What time are y'all rolling out of Steve's?

m

Departing from Central Time Zone is making for an early morning start. Should be a good day!

Bugnut said:

m
[/quote]Which Steve?  Y'all have so many to pick from.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Better make that 90/10 Mike. We need someone to talk badly about, and I'd hate for it to be you. Hope to see you buddy.                Al

reid53 said:
Bugnut said:

m
Which Steve?  Y'all have so many to pick from.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
[/quote]

:85:

Looks like I might be out.  :(
A former co-worker passed away and the service is early tomorrow afternoon. No way can I make it for lunch and get back to Sanford in time. I'm torn between what I wanna do (ride) and what I should do (pay my respects)! He made it to 92 and was a hell of a nice man. He showed me a lot of kindness during my early years with the power company and in that crowd, that was a rarity!

Eddie-FL said:
Looks like I might be out.  :(
A former co-worker passed away and the service is early tomorrow afternoon. No way can I make it for lunch and get back to Sanford in time. I'm torn between what I wanna do (ride) and what I should do (pay my respects)! He made it to 92 and was a hell of a nice man. He showed me a lot of kindness during my early years with the power company and in that crowd, that was a rarity!

Eddie you do the right thing, there will be more RTE's to go to.  :great:

reid53 said:
Bugnut said:

m

gonna have to tap out, my sis is going out of town and i have to look after my mum while she is not there...not to mention the rain.  ???

Georgia trounced Fla, just like the first half of the ball game  :rotflmao:  but a technical foul, FL could not find the plague to bring with them. the RTE was declated a tie  :truce:  :D

Great to see everyone again, and Bugnut was the official photog, so he may post up some pics later  :great:

Well here are some shots of the day. Nothing in the torrential downpour that I rode through. Have to save those pics for another time!

As always...W O W.  :-\

Oh, the mind numbing ride back on our Floriduh twisties. At least it wasn't raining!

Thanks everyone, it was nice meeting you all (or is that y'all?).  Great folks and great food.  :beerchug:  Thanks especially to Tom for letting me ride his C14.  :great:  Hopefully I'll make it to another one someday.

GF-in-CA said:
Thanks everyone, it was nice meeting you all (or is that y'all?).  Great folks and great food.  :beerchug:  Thanks especially to Tom for letting me ride his C14.  :great:  Hopefully I'll make it to another one someday.

Good to meet you too Gary and y'all is the proper form  :great:

Oh, the mind numbing ride back on our Floriduh twisties. At least it wasn't raining!

IMG_1308_zpsadc8bede.jpg

Mike, I sure wish you wouldn't show off our best roads.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :)) :)) :rotflmao: :)) :beerchug:

SteveJ. said:

IMG_1308_zpsadc8bede.jpg

Wait, is that a curve or just Cuba that I see on the horizon??

Thanks for the usual great shoot Mike. You really capture the moment for us, making it fun to live the day all over again.                          Al

It was nice to meet everyone.  Great people, great food, and great photos.  It was so amazing to see so many Concours in one place!

Thanks for the heads up on my rotor.  A new one is on the way, as it was determined that mine was defective.  Anyone have any favorite brake pad suggestions?  Anyone try/like the EBC Extreme Pro Front Brake Pad?  Sorry if I'm asking this in the wrong place on the forum.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Sidecar Girl
  I was the limping ole guy admiring your rig.  You only told me 50 times the website I should go to, can you do it one more time, PLESAE.
Bob aka Deadeye

sidecar girl said:
It was nice to meet everyone.  Great people, great food, and great photos.  It was so amazing to see so many Concours in one place!

Thanks for the heads up on my rotor.  A new one is on the way, as it was determined that mine was defective.  Anyone have any favorite brake pad suggestions?  Anyone try/like the EBC Extreme Pro Front Brake Pad?  Sorry if I'm asking this in the wrong place on the forum.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Your scoot is worthy of a Concourier article. That is one coooool ride. Good luck with the brake work.

Mike

Volcantour said:
SteveJ. said:

IMG_1308_zpsadc8bede.jpg

Wait, is that a curve or just Cuba that I see on the horizon??

It's Cuba Tom...    :'(

;)