• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Snap Happy

smithr

I want to be able to turn my head toward something I see on the road and just push a button and take a snap shot.  I have little to no interest in video but do want high rez pics.  Trouble with most cameras is they power down and are not ready for the shot when I need it.  I might settle for a camera around my neck that does not shut down or eat batteries when in standby.

I know some of the new Go Pros have a remote for starting and stopping recording.  Does anyone know if you can use it to take snap shots?  If not does it at least come on fast and not fall asleep? 

Any other units that might do this?
Thanks

My old GoPro Hero 2 can be set to take a quick succession of shots at the press of a button.

Thanks,
Almost all cameras can take quick succession photos like that.  The question is can you trigger that while it is attached to your helmet and does the unit fall asleep if you to do not trigger it very often?  If it does not fall asleep how long will it sit on standby?

smithr1 said:
Thanks,
Almost all cameras can take quick succession photos like that.  The question is can you trigger that while it is attached to your helmet and does the unit fall asleep if you to do not trigger it very often?  If it does not fall asleep how long will it sit on standby?
I could trigger it with my smart phone and I think a remote was also available. I have not used it a lot, mainly when we were touring France and Italy. Rented bike so did not have mount for remote or phone so I just used my finger. Took a little practice to reliably find the button quickly. First few pictures were always my gloved hand coming back down, lol. It never fell asleep on me but I never left it on a long time in order to save battery. As I said mine was a Hero 2 I am sure the current ones are light years better in every way. Sorry I am not better help.