• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

*SOLD* Apple iPad gen 1 refurbished, new in box, $250 shipped

bigjoeva68

Road Bike
Just got one of these gratis, don't really want it since I prefer an Android pad or maybe a newer iPad with a camera for Skype when I travel...but figured I would post it here first.

Again, to be clear, this is a REFURBISHED unit, but is sealed as sent from the Apple refurb store, just like here:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB292LL/A

Refurbished iPad with Wi-Fi 16GB - Black (first generation)Originally Released April 2010
16GB flash drive capacity
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology
9.7-inch widescreen display
Multi-Touch screen
1.5 pounds and 0.5 inch

$250 shipped priority insured.

Leslie already said she did not want this but what is the battery life on these?  She is trying to find a way to use her tablet on the beach to read but its life is like 2 hr.

I haven't opened this one, but my brother has the same exact one and he charges his once a week. He guesses probably about 6 hours, but says for certain it is much more than 2 hours. He uses his to read at the gym and for simple stuff so he has never used it from full charge to dead before.

Bob,

My wife has one she uses at work, ie, can't find enough outlets to charge at work. Charging nightly at the house just out of habit works great. It really doesn't need to be charged every night the iPad may require charging about every 3rd day
She reads with it at work and, during lunch, usually watches a netflix series movie/show something. Surfs the net and emails when she gets home, never had it die suddenly. The seem to have some pretty good longevity

HTH

smithr-scad said:
Leslie already said she did not want this but what is the battery life on these?  She is trying to find a way to use her tablet on the beach to read but its life is like 2 hr.

Bob, I took my Ipad2 on the Big Bend trip and used it every day.  I did not charge it the entire trip.  Before buying the Ipad2 I used my daughters Ipad 1 to see how I would like it.  I found the battery life to be about the same.  The book says about 9 hours, but in real life I would say about 7.  Of course I am not streaming video or watching tv and stuff.  I am sure that will decrease the time a bit.

Fred