• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

(SOLD) FS: PCA Rack and backrest (lowered Price)

timbo

Moped
PCA rack and backrest. This is the newest backrest they have out. They redesigned them a few months back. The rack is aluminum and very strong, adjustable and is pre drilled for any of the Givi monokey boxes. All you have to do is buy the mounting hardware for $20 and a box. Looks brand new. Only used backrest 2 times around town. Cost $350 new, still new. $275 shipped lower 48. New lower price $250, or any reasonable offer

PCArackwithbackrest.jpg

Were you able to fit the top case on the rack in conjunction with the back rest?

From their website I read the following: This is a stand alone unit and can not be used as a mounting rack to mount any type of top case, but it does have bungee or strap slots for strapping down small items.

Kyle said:
Were you able to fit the top case on the rack in conjunction with the back rest?

From their website I read the following: This is a stand alone unit and can not be used as a mounting rack to mount any type of top case, but it does have bungee or strap slots for strapping down small items.

Kyle, I don't know which one you were looking at but this is the description of the rack from their site:

"We have updated the design of our luggage/top box rack for the Kawasaki Concours 1400. This rack offers great versatility to meet the demands of all types of riders. Our rack allows you to strap on all types of soft luggage, helmets and sleeping bags with the use of the bungee/strap slots and it also allows you to quickly mount any of Givi's popular Monokey top cases. Popular top cases such as the E55, E52, V46 and the E460 can be mounted directly to the rack with our optional Topbox Mounting Kit. The luggage rack platform also doubles as a passenger backrest base plate to allow quick attachment of our Passenger Backrest Unit. The rack incorporates a patented slot design to allow the rack and anything attached to it (top case or passenger backrest) to be adjusted forwards and aft to allow maximum passenger comfort."

All you have to do is buy their $20 mounting kit and the box just snaps on and off.

Timbo- appreciate the clarification. I must have been looking at another model for the c14.  Looks like I was a little late here, but I'd still like your assessment, if you do have any idea - were you able to fit a top case on that rack while the backrest was attached?