• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

sold

I took mine off after the back tire rubbed through the plastic fender and destroyed the brakelight wiring. At my 214 lbs, the lowering occasionally caused the rub when the road dipped/raised or bumped to quickly, especially when entering driveways and parking lots where there was a drastic curb/rain gutter transition. Oklahoma roads suck.

DualSport said:
I took mine off after the back tire rubbed through the plastic fender and destroyed the brakelight wiring. At my 214 lbs, the lowering occasionally caused the rub when the road dipped/raised or bumped to quickly, especially when entering driveways and parking lots where there was a drastic curb/rain gutter transition. Oklahoma roads suck.

The previous owner wheigt at least 200 and i' about 220 and i don't have that kind of problem on mine. Did you ajust the sag of the shock to fit your wheight ? It's probably the most important thing to do when you bought a bike. The C14 is ajust to fit a 150 pounds driver at the factory, at 214 you are a way to soft.

And if you think the Oaklahoma road suck, don't come to Montreal...you can fish in some hole.  :))

No I haven't adjusted, so it's probably still set for a paltry 150lb. Asian butt. I was one up, but loaded, and I have the Corbin Trunk. Sorry, I'm still learning... :-[  THANKS for the wake up!

DualSport said:
No I haven't adjusted, so it's probably still set for a paltry 150lb. Asian butt. I was one up, but loaded, and I have the Corbin Trunk. Sorry, I'm still learning... :-[  THANKS for the wake up!

The owner manual said 150, but in fact it s more 170-180 for the rear and 230 for the front. I left the front stock after a couple of try. For the rear, i turn 3 click harder for a total of 15 click from soft.

I try different rebound setting, but i finaly left as stock because of lack of adjustment.
+1 more is to much, -1 less is not enought.