• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Sooner or later...

JTop28

Training Wheels
I knew it would happen, it was just when. Took a wrong turn and ended up at a dead end street on an uphill.  :mad: My better judgement lost and I decided to try a u-turn.  :-[ A turn of the bars, a little slip of the clutch and down she goes. No damage as she was used and there were already scratches on that side. My favorite part was picking it back up. Watching You Tube videos of how to pick up a dropped bike paid off. My 5'7" 160lb butt had no problem doing it. Rolled the bike to the side of the road facing downhill, started her up and away I went. I did upgrade my membership just so this would count. I'll take my number now.

Well thanks for joining, and your incident does qualify you for the CDA Award.  We just have to wait until the system recognizes you.  We're all volunteers so, while it's generally fairly quick, it's not instant and there are no guarantees.  Just drop another note in here when it happens and we'll set you right up.

Sorry about the drop.  Connie sure can be a top-heavy beast and once she starts to go down, there's really no stopping her.  Glad you weren't hurt and that Connie didn't pick up any appreciable damage.

ChipDoc said:
Well thanks for joining, and your incident does qualify you for the CDA Award.  We just have to wait until the system recognizes you.  We're all volunteers so, while it's generally fairly quick, it's not instant and there are no guarantees.  Just drop another note in here when it happens and we'll set you right up.

Sorry about the drop.  Connie sure can be a top-heavy beast and once she starts to go down, there's really no stopping her.  Glad you weren't hurt and that Connie didn't pick up any appreciable damage.
I know you got my membership. (Money went through.) How about that number? It's sad that I actually want one. I need to get a life.

JTop you may need to log out and back into the forum for it to show, if assigned already.

JTop28 said:
ChipDoc said:

I know you got my membership. (Money went through.) How about that number? It's sad that I actually want one. I need to get a life.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

JTop28 said:

One of the downsides of a group like this is that, since we're all volunteers, things like this sometimes take a lot longer than we'd like.  Of course the money went through; that part is done by machine.  But actually adding you in to the database is something which is done by hand and it just hasn't happened yet.  Once it does, the "forum member" under your avatar will change to a COG # and at that point I'll be able to assign a CDA number.

I'll keep checking!

Gonna be out of your brain on the train?  Cool!  Glad that COG number finally came through.

And so it has now become my sad duty to confirm you as the 515th recipient of the uncoveted Connie Droppers Anonymous Award.  You have another tale to share around a Rally campfire.  My sincerest condolences!

The five most recent unfortunates:

0511 C14 Randy Zabarsky
0512 C14 Mark Van Valkenburgh
0513 C14 Wesley Gammill
0514 C10 Tim Perry
0515 C10 John Toporowski