• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Southern California Ride

Motomaniac

COG Southwest Area Director
Enjoyed a beautiful day on Saturday with Jack(C10) Attila(C10) Joe(BMW RS 1200) and myself (C14).

Went cruising from San Juan Capistrano, out to Temecula, then Julian,off to Aqua Caliente Springs and back. Highway 78 down Banner pass to State Route 2 was awesome. Beautiful weather in the 70's and no cars made it a very special day. BBQ back at Julian and a race to beat darkness. Three of us clocked in 300 miles with Attila riding close to 500. Will try to post a picture of our stop at a General Store at the Springs. We will go on another ride soon, but I will try to get other Coggers to join us.

:motonoises:  :great:

Attachments

• Ride01042014.jpg
    Ride01042014.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 126
  • Ride201042014.jpg
    Ride201042014.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 125
Jay, you can ride with us anytime.....in fact I wished I remembered to call you and DGOLD in Santa Clarita. I rode with you two in the hills while the fire was raging in Santa Clarita last year....or was that two years ago. Anyway I will keep in touch!

:motonoises:  :great:

That was a great ride.  We are having an outstanding winter riding season with this drought.  I just wish I had more time.  We did some world class riding with tons of twisties, sweepers, mountains, desert and an area where we could go as fast as we wanted to - all at the first of January.  Of course, it was good company too! We need to plan the next one.  :great:

I attached a picture of the bikes taken from the same location as the pics that Rusty posted.

Attachments

• 1 4 14 ride resized.jpg
    1 4 14 ride resized.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 102
Jack_Provda_CA said:
That was a great ride.  We are having an outstanding winter riding season with this drought.  I just wish I had more time.  We did some world class riding with tons of twisties, sweepers, mountains, desert and an area where we could go as fast as we wanted to - all at the first of January.  Of course, it was good company too! We need to plan the next one.  :great:

I attached a picture of the bikes taken from the same location as the pics that Rusty posted.

Great picture Jack and as I said before, it was a wonderful day of riding and spending time with people who love to ride!

Jack , I think you should do the write up and send in the photos from our adventure!  :motonoises:  :beerchug:

Hi Guys,
The last time I was down in your neck of the woods the PCH held my attention like a tractor beam. This time places like Palomar, La Canada Flintridge, Mulholland, Naciamento-Fergussen blah blah drool drool are calling. If it works out hooking up for a bit of dayriding would be great. I`m leaving Alberta some time in April and have started a planning thread on the rides board entitled "Escape from Winter". Taking the time to meet and visit with fellow Coggers on this trip would be great.

gottaride said:
Hi Guys,
The last time I was down in your neck of the woods the PCH held my attention like a tractor beam. This time places like Palomar, La Canada Flintridge, Mulholland, Naciamento-Fergussen blah blah drool drool are calling. If it works out hooking up for a bit of dayriding would be great. I`m leaving Alberta some time in April and have started a planning thread on the rides board entitled "Escape from Winter". Taking the time to meet and visit with fellow Coggers on this trip would be great.

John please call when you are coming out and we will have a bunch of us meet you! I have ridden in Alberta and that is very pretty country too! Keep in touch.  :motonoises:  :great:

Right on Rusty thanks. Could you pm me your contact info so I can have it programmed in prior to departure. Having Coggers tour me around some favorite routes and organically solar heated reduced carbon footprint brew pubs sounds good. Titty bars?? Just goshin
' I'm allergic to silicone.