• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Specs of Motorcycle tires for C14

nando

Crotch Rocket
Does anyone know where to find the actual dimension specs for a 190/50 and a 190/55?
I am interested in the actual height difference between these two.

I got what appears to be a couple of guesses...but I would like some hard data from a spec source on this...thnaks

This seems like a hell of a buy from Jake wilson..  I know nothing about these tires...

120/70ZR-17 (58W) Dunlop Qualifier Performance Radial Front Motorcycle Tire - 2012 Kawasaki ZG1400A Concours (ABS) (Front)
Part # 1174980004
$93.99 In Stock Heavy/Oversize $93.99

190/55ZR-17 (75W) Dunlop Qualifier Performance Radial Rear Motorcycle Tire
Part # 1200600006
$138.99 In Stock Heavy/Oversize $138.99

Dunlop tires have the worse reputation on the GL forum ever know to men.
Generally, they are harder compound and they last longer than other tires but they also slip like a wooden wheel.

Cops use the Roadsmart on their RT in my city. The service manager claims the cops like them.

I would not put a Dunlop motto tire on my bike if it was given to me...let along pay 93 bucks for one...there are guys who argue in their favor but not many that I ve heard...

Just sharing my anecdotal  on this...

nando said:
Does anyone know where to find the actual dimension specs for a 190/50 and a 190/55?

I got what appears to be a couple of guesses...but I would like some hard data from a spec source on this...thnaks

190/50 = 190mm wide x 95mm side profile

190/55 = 190mm wide x 104.5mm side profile

Cap'n Bob said:
nando said:

190/50 = 190mm wide x 95mm side profile

190/55 = 190mm wide x 104.5mm side profile

The 55 will only raise the ride height by 5.25mm (0.207") over the 50.

The Dunlop Qualifier is an aggressive sport tire. I think it would wear pretty fast on a C14. Would prob handle great until they squared off. Different brands and models of tires vary on their exact dimensions. Just like the tires for cars and trucks they can vary over 10% plus or minus, even being the same size listed...