• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Speed Bleeders

scgoan

Tricycle
Has anyone installed Speed Bleeders on his/her bike? I'm just about to do fluid change and thought it would be a good idea to install these to encourage me to do more frequent changes.
I was wondering if you have installed them, which model number did you install SB8125L or SB8125? Also, I was wondering if you were able to find them locally or did you purchase them online?

Thanks! Shannon

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QVjPVhoPHow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.speedbleeder.com/

Shannon,

I replaced my bleeders with a kit I purchased from Murph's Kits.  When I changed my hydraulic lines with stainless steel lines I decided to do the bleeders and yes it made bleeding the lines easier.  I just stick a clear hose on the bleeder and the other end into a jar, open them a quarter turn and pump out the fluid while maintaining fluid in the master cylinder reservoir.  Piece of cake.  If you buy them from Murph's, he ships real quick and you'll have the complete set for your bike.

Good luck,
Alex

I dont like the s-bleeders . The mess is still there.  The work is still needed. All you accomplish is not needing a 8mm wrench to do the bleeding.

rcannon409 said:
I dont like the s-bleeders . The mess is still there.  The work is still needed. All you accomplish is not needing a 8mm wrench to do the bleeding.

When I used my speed bleeders there was no mess.  By using a clear tube I could see the air bubbles and when the bubbles stoped I held my finger on one end of the tube to create a vacuum and with a rag around the tube attached to the bleeder I'm able to remove the tube without any fluid getting on the caliper.  What's nice about the speed bleeders is you can do it by yourself, it's a one man/woman job.

Gigantor said:
rcannon409 said:

... What's nice about the speed bleeders is you can do it by yourself, it's a one man/woman job.

I can easily reach the bleed nipples with one hand and the brake levers with the other hand, so speed bleeders or not it is a one man job.

Whatever you use,  make sure you open the bleeders no more then a quarter turn (Less actually IMHO) otherwise you will suck air back into the system from around the threads (DAMHIK)

Personally I use a mighty Vac to do my brakes and I find it's still a one man job, just takes a little longer....