• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Spring Ride - May 6th - SE Minnesota and SW Wisconsin

MuddyWaters

Bold North AAD
Join us on May 6th for our Spring Ride, the official kickoff of our COG riding season. This is a day ride on some nice back roads in southeast Minnesota and southwest Wisconsin with a stop for lunch at WhiskeyDicks in Millville, MN. We will meet at 8:30 at the Holiday Station Store located at the northwest corner of Manning Avenue and Interstate 94 in Lake Elmo MN.

For more information checkout the COG Calendar of Events.

Just a quick Reminder about the Spring Ride on May 6th.

This is a day ride on some nice back roads in southeast Minnesota and southwest Wisconsin with a stop for lunch at Whiskey ****s in Millville, MN.

We will meet at 8:30 at the Holiday Station Store located at the northwest corner of Manning Avenue and Interstate 94 in Lake Elmo MN.

For those coming from the south, we will make a brief stop at Point Douglas Park on the Minnesota side just before the Prescot bridge on Hwy 10. Arrival time will be approximately 9:15.

If you are coming from the east, our next stop will be the McDonald's/Durand Travel Stop in Durand WI. Arrival time will be approximately 10:45.

For more information and to sign up for the ride,go to the Event Calendar

If you are planning on meeting the group at Point Douglas Park or in Durand, please let me know at beheiple@gmail.com so that we know to watch for you.

It looks like the weather is going to cooperate.

I hope you can join us.

Red Wing shows 58° at 8AM and 68° by 3PM with clouds but no rain. Forecast is definitely wobbling around every few hours. It's a safe bet you'll want to have your rain gear along.

Might have to work a bit harder to get some heat in the tires on the alphabet roads. 😆

Let's do this.

Red Wing shows 58° at 8AM and 68° by 3PM with clouds but no rain. Forecast is definitely wobbling around every few hours. It's a safe bet you'll want to have your rain gear along.

Might have to work a bit harder to get some heat in the tires on the alphabet roads. 😆

Let's do this.
Yes, “let’s do this,” I admire your optimism. There is a good chance of encountering a rain shower at some point on the ride but that is all part of the rebirth of spring. Ride on.

Afternoon gents! I Wanted to give you a status update on the media for this ride - apparently I experienced a number of technical difficulties, so things like our interview with mic didn't record audio somehow but I'm working first on a two part *full* length ride video. I'm now rendering everything from Point Douglas until Millville and then will move on to editing the ride after lunch. It was great to meet you all and looking forward to another one soon! fyi - the full length rides I'm going to post as unlisted on youtube for internal use, then I'll come back and make some videos more youtube friendly.

Thanks to everyone who joined the ride. Despite the gray skies, I thought it was a good day. I didn't run into rain until I was about an hour from home.

Pete, I am looking forward to viewing your videos. You have quite a camera setup.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay in getting part 2 of the raw video out - I've been.. uh.. distracted between work.. and the brand new toy in my sig :) I'm actively working on pt2 right now and hope to post it tonight

PXL_20230516_151016675.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay in getting part 2 of the raw video out - I've been.. uh.. distracted between work.. and the brand new toy in my sig :) I'm actively working on pt2 right now and hope to post it tonight

View attachment 35943
Congrats!!!
Wait…where are the saddle bags on that sport touring machine?
What happened with the ‘09?

Congrats!!!
Wait…where are the saddle bags on that sport touring machine?
What happened with the ‘09?

TY! It's the same bike I was talking about with ya! They're at the dealer, just waiting on the accents now - we made a deal and the dealer went half in on them with me :)

Part 2 of the RAW, UNLISTED video!

PS Wait until at least 10:15pm central before trying to view the video, preferably tomorrow morning for 2k.

Full 4k is now available on Pt 2 - again, don't worry, the publicly posted versions will be sanitized and plates blurred.

Youtube cut in progress - first cut is already down to a whopping 17 minutes :)

Last edited:
I'm pretty happy with this cut with some added music track - the only long uncut sequence is Welch Village Road - there I just skip the music and you can hear us talking about the ride and some road noise.. I realize now I need another mic dedicated to engine noise! Now to go back again and start blurring plates/speedos out :)

So.. I ended up completely hosing up my PC fixing a fail to update windows issue.. and was unable to edit my video until resolved today. Took me a bit, but I think I got everyone's license plates blurred out. This will be available in full 4K+ glory Sunday at 09:00 - enjoy!

Last edited:
Soo..when's the first ride of 2024 and where do I sign up? No longer have the Connie but am ready to bring the H2 :)