• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

ST. CROIX RIVER VALLEY RIDE AND WINERY TOUR 9/21/13

tundra tom

ST. CROIX RIVER VALLEY RIDE AND WINERY TOUR

Come join us for a scenic ride along the northern St. Croix River valley Saturday September 21st  2013.

Meet at the Stillwater MN. Perkins  2050 W Frontage Rd, Stillwater, MN 55082 - (651) 430-1033 – 8:30 AM for Breakfast – Kickstands up at 9:30.

The ride will entail back roads along and near the St. Croix River to the Grantsburg Burnett Co. Cheese (and ice cream) store.
https://www.facebook.com/burnettdairy

From there we will head back south to the Chateau St. Croix Winery Fall Festival. This event features Wine and Beer tastings, Food and Crafts Vendors along with Music from the Croix Daddy’s and the Dave Yabarro Blues Band. 

http://www.chateaustcroix.com/fall-harvest-festival-september-21--22-2013.html

We will then ride back to my place for grilling and chillin’.  :103:
Horseshoes, fire pit, pontooning and for those who wish to stay more Beer and Wine. If you want to make a day of it the ride back to the Twin Cities is about one hour. I have ample room for tents so feel free to spend the night.

***Please register or reply so we have an idea of how much food to prepare. ***

Ride on,
Tom Weglarz
COG # 8925

Doh, I just saw this now. I'm in. Might send this info to Randy to add to the calendar and also an email blast.

Good to see you're in Brian,
I did send this to Randy before the national. I'm sure he was as busy as we all were gearing up for the trip.

Sharing a few pics I took today.  Tom, thanks for putting together a great day of riding, relaxing, eating and drinking  :beerchug:

004_zps7f8480f9.jpg

005_zpse465875f.jpg

002_zps14a5b04d.jpg

001_zpsc9f68176.jpg

003_zps97899483.jpg

Don, You're 3rd pic looks like 3 martian men are talking to the martian woman!

Tom and Carolyn, Thanks for hosting the ride and BBQ!!! All the pit stops made our women (and men) very happy.  ;)

Thanks so much to Tom and Carolyn for hosting this event. The weather was great and we had a wonderful time.

One pic for now more in a bit.

P9210163a-M.jpg

A fine time was had.....and what a turnout! It was great to meet some new folks too :)  Carolyn made the ultimate sacrifice by NOT riding and preparing a feast for the masses.....thank you very much!!!!  You guys have a great place. We were thinking it might work for the 2015 National rally ;) if everyone camps.

Photos.... note the one of Tom starting the fire by throwing a magical fireball at it!
http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/bpsnow1/library/2013%20COG%20Winery%20tour

Thanks to all for joining us for the ride and festivities. We both had a good time with great people.
Nice pictures, no wonder I have no hair ;0
I will look through my pictures and see what I have. Had to leave town Monday.
Looking forward to HFRO