• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Stagecoach RTE 2008 is Over

magnum1b

Bicycle
34804.6 in reply to 34804.5 I believe a fine time was had by ALL! That's in Caps because ALL was a very large number. I expect someone will come back with an official number soon but when I arrived at 10AM Alabama Time the parking lot was rapidly filling and the tide was coming in. There was a pretty constant flow of bikes arriving till about 1PM when engines were fired and the exodus began. The buffet line stretched out the door for over two hours and the serving staff and kitchen at The Stagecoach Cafe did a fine job of seeing that everyone got their fill of fried chicken and pork chops, greens, veggies, salads, and deserts. Sweet tea (is there any other kind) flowed freely. Back in the lot there were two and three wheeled bikes of various makes and colors. The Wing community was well represented with YELLOW bikes in abundance, including one trike with matching trailer. The oldest bike was the 1970 Moto Guzzi Colorado, Oldest rider was "87", farthest rider was something over 350 miles and I'm not sure who the youngest rider was. There were a lot of Harleys with most sporting Alabama and Florida tags, several of the BIG DOGS from both the IBA and MTF, and a lot of folks who were scratching their heads in amazement that so many riders would converge on this little corner of Lower Alabama ("LA" for those of you who are not local) for lunch and then head back home. To be fair, I did hear that several were headed out to Arizona and points West after lunch. This was my first Stagecoach RTE though I have read of it for several years. It was BIG, it was FUN, and I got to put faces to names with several I only knew of from the forums. For those of you who were there I trust you all made it safely home, for those who weren't, I trust to see you in coming years either at Stagecoach, or somewhere else along the road we travel. I have parked pictures I took at http://tinyurl.com/6tzlvn Jack Ferguson Ellenwood, GA COG #6879 NGA-AAD AMA #534935 IBA #26633 CDA#0155 magnum1b@gmail.com.com http://community.webshots.com/user/magnum1b Edited 12/28/2008 6:54 am ET by Magnum1b