• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Suppliers for Replacement Front Fork Bushings

88connie

Big Wheel
1988 Connie, need to replace fork seal and thought I might as well replace fork bushing while I have the forks apart. Can't find a complete bushing kit. Every site only shows the same one bushing still available (can't remember which bushing that is off the top of my head) and the other bushing has being unavailable. Where does one go for new fork bushings for the early Connie's?
TIA
Tim

as you found, currently not available, I have a link to a sub, on another computer, and will provide that info sometime tomorrow..
sorry for the delay, I gotta go to bed, but hang tight, and don't pull them out until I give the link.

Thanks much MAN OF BLUEs. Haven't started the tear down yet, just getting my ducks in row for any surprises that may be lurking.  ;D

I forget which thread it was in (JUST Found it, and posted there), but remember that it was mentioned that the fork bushings are no longer available for the 86-93. I don't know if they actually have stock, but RaceTech is listing them:
http://racetech.com/ProductSearch/12/Kawasaki/Concours%20ZG1000/1986-93

Inner: http://racetech.com/ItemInfo/160
Outer: http://racetech.com/ItemInfo/161

Anybody tried them?

I'm not in need of them, but had a link to them and thought I'd pass this on, just in case it was a possible source.

Please note RT part numbers are the same for C10 fork bushings of all production years if memory serves. I used later Kawasaki bushes that were available still on my 87 fork based on this observation. No problems in 6k miles noted. Just a 2 cents comment perhaps in need of independent confirmation by others more knowledgeable. Worked for me though. Calipers showed no difference to my eye.

not having both side by side, to compare, I can't say for sure, especially for the lower one...

but surprisingly the op may be good...
the same top seal is noted for models from '99 down to '86
92049-1273 &  92049-1164,  92049-1338 & 92049-1347 ('94-'99),  so it would kinda make sense, about the diameter, not sure about the length tho.

Lee said:
Please note RT part numbers are the same for C10 fork bushings of all production years if memory serves. I used later Kawasaki bushes that were available still on my 87 fork based on this observation. No problems in 6k miles noted. Just a 2 cents comment perhaps in need of independent confirmation by others more knowledgeable. Worked for me though. Calipers showed no difference to my eye.

Yes, indeed, RaceTech is listing the same part #'s for both 86-93 and 94-06. Definitely need confirmation on the Racetech parts. I thought the forks changed starting in 94?

rgmr250 said:
Lee said:

Yes, indeed, RaceTech is listing the same part #'s for both 86-93 and 94-06. Definitely need confirmation on the Racetech parts. I thought the forks changed starting in 94?

thus my post above,
the forks changed, and I assume the bottom bushing also, as the damper rod changed configuration...

but the diameter of the upper tube did remain the same... then, I can't say what changes were done to the internal machining on the lower fork tube slider, as it changed also, twice since '94

MAN OF BLUES said:
rgmr250 said:
Lee said:

thus my post above,
the forks changed, and I assume the bottom bushing also, as the damper rod changed configuration...

but the diameter of the upper tube did remain the same... then, I can't say what changes were done to the internal machining on the lower fork tube slider, as it changed also, twice since '94

If I remember correctly...All Balls lists the bushings for the '94 and newer only...I have used them on the forks for which they are listed...seemed okay to me...don't know how similar they are to older models...

It appears that the lower bushing may be different on the Earlier Concours.
This place offers the upper for all, but the lower is for 94 and up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-Concours-1000-ZG1000A-86-06-Fork-Bushes-Outer-Guide-Pair/282187624649?epid=1656192124&hash=item41b3b170c9:g:ECoAAOSwPCVX4zxJ

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-Concours-1000-ZG1000A-95-06-Fork-Bushes-Inner-Slide-Pair/282187624749?epid=1756904864&hash=item41b3b1712d:g:pRsAAOSwYIxX4zxN

Maybe, just change your upper?
or send them a note and ask if they can get you the lower..  (might be use in another bike)
Or buy the whole deal and hope for the best on lower bushings..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-ZG1000-Concours-94-06-Fork-Seals-Dust-Seals-Bushes-Suspension-Kit/233199199598?epid=5027923042&hash=item364bc1656e:g:5UsAAOSwFdtXx5VT

Ride safe, Ted