• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tank Bag

elektradw

Moped
It appears like the plastic base that sits on top of the tank on my 2011 is meant for a tank bag and would save the paint from scratches. However, even with the small tank bag I have, it doesn't really fit between the handlebars on lock up. I would think that Kawasaki would have a bag especially designed for this application. Am I missing something here?

No it's kind of a poor design. I personally like the Chase Harper 450 & 650 on the C14. Yes they are not large tank bags. But they fit like they were designed for the bike. And I tried a lot of tank bags on the bike.
Although I have decided to try the Bags Connection/ SWmoto gas cap ring quick attach set up on my FJR. My rear seat bag is a Bag Connections bag. So they will match and have the quick release setup. But they are expensive for a bag, mounting ring and any options. I decided to push my limits on what I like and bought a "Trial QL" bag which turned out to be bigger than I like (my bad). So I now bought a much smaller Bags Connection "City" bag to use instead. I should have known better. I always liked little tank bags that are not intrusive at all. I'll probably sell the Trial QL bag in the For Sale section.
My point being that what works for one person, doesn't necessarily work for the next guy. The same with tank bags. But I don't know what they planned on you using on the newer C14 with the hooks! I don't even think Kawasaki offers a tank bag to fit to design!  :))

coretech dryver and luggage locker
I have the luggage locker 2 years and works good .Locks onto the tank ring with no paint issues.
DSC00158_2.jpg

The new Cortech looks promising too

I just bought a Chase Harper 650 and like the layout.  It has a soft base and strong magnets.
DSC02504.jpg

The Chase Harper 650 is an awesome tank bag. I have recommended it for about four years now since I got mine for my C14. It looks even better on the 09 Red! (I just love that color!)

556ALPHA said:
I just bought a Chase Harper 650 and like the layout.  It has a soft base and strong magnets.
DSC02504.jpg

I am using the Cortech Dryver (large) with the GPS bag add-on and recently completed a 2600 mile trip.
The mount is nice and stable and I had no problems removing and re-installing during gas stops.
It is waterproof and using the Powerlet Electrix system kept it waterproof while powering the GPS and a cell phone power adapter inside the bag.

For around town the smaller bag would be getter because when the large is adjusted to clear the handlebars the rear of the bag is close to your belly. An aggressive riding position is harder to do when dragging your torso on the bag.

D Bird

I have looked at the Cortech Dryver and was wondering if it would clear the glove box on the 08. The picture of yours is a totally different style than what is featured on their web page and you say you have a size large when they only list small or medium. Am I missing something here as far as styling and sizing?