• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Temecula to Palm Springs-Ride the Tram and Lunch!

Motomaniac

COG Southwest Area Director
Had a great adventure on Wednesday. 4 riders- Doug -08 C14, Bob-08 C14 Dan- 06- Yamaha 1700 Twin and myself 08-C14.

All met in Temecula and took Highway 79 to Highway 371 and dropped down into Palm Desert on Highway 74 took the 111
the rest of the way to the Tram. Beautiful day and riding was great. The ride up the tram was awesome with unbelievable views of Palm Springs and cities close by. Temperature in Palm Springs 87 degrees, on top at Mountain Station elevation of 8600ft 55 degrees. From sand desert to beautiful pine trees in about 10 minutes. The tram also revolves 360 degrees twice on the way up and back so you see everything!  After a couple of hours on top we rode downtown and had a great lunch at Los Casuelas a Mexican Food tradition! Rode home the same way except I just kept going on highway 74 back toward San Juan Capistrano.

I put on 272 miles while the others were close to 200. Lots of twists, turns and a few quick straightaways! 3 2008's on the road together, big fun! Check some the photo's from the ride below.  :motonoises:  :great:  :beerchug:

Attachments

• tram 4.jpg
    tram 4.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 91
  • tram 5.jpg
    tram 5.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 80
  • tram 3.jpg
    tram 3.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 83
  • tram 1.jpg
    tram 1.jpg