• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Texas Tech Daze Kerrville Feb 20-22

rev ryder

COG Executive Director
Yep, we're gonna have a serious wrenching session at Randy's (my ol' Winger Buddy) shop. 2400 sq. ft. dedicated to Concours tinkerin', lie swapping, and (if we get it working) Dyno runs. So far we have folks coming from DFW, Freer, San Antone, and other places. This promises to be a hoot and we will be covering a ton of stuff like valve adjustments, carburetors, steering stem bearings, coolant changes, final drive maintenance, etc. And then, we'll test our work on some of Texas Best Roads... weather, time, and energy permitting. :) Do come. Lots of motels here to choose from. Stay a day or all weekend... but come play. Contact me via email for more details. presbychuck at hotmail dot com

Who is coming from DFW? I have a 2006 with approx 8K miles that I need help with valve adjust & carb sync. Thanks, Bob Forsyth

arjay, this thread from the other forum has a lot more info for you perhaps. There are names and numbers and contact info in there. http://forum.concours.org/index.php?topic=51756.new#new

I called TJ and discussed trip. After talking it over with "the One who Must Be Obeyed" it's probably better another time. Something to do with 2 teenage daughters. Mabe the Wildflower trip - we'l see. Thanks and have fun this weekend.

OK Bob. Wish you could make it, but we'll look forward to the next go round. Wildflower will be a fun one too.

Looks like we'll be having a nice handful of bikes and COGgers coming. The DFW crew is rolling already. Come on down! The address is 141 Donna Dr. in Kerrville and the shop phone number is 830 257 8751 There is an old Honda Shadow purple and silver parked at the end of the driveway to mark the spot.

I want to thank Rev_Rider, Chuck for putting together a great tech weekend. I was only a visitor for a short time so maybe a full report will come. I left to warm enough for my summer gloves at 7:30am to trek 120 miles to the scene of the crime. The front beat me there and I had 5 layers and winter gloves on before 70 miles. At arrival several intoxicated smelly individuals staggered to the door of a rather impressive shop. Nope it was just gas fumes and cab cleaner. Thanks Randy for the use of the shop. Bad things happen to motorcycles at these things. I am not sure you want to know what those poor bikes inside were going through. I left with the rest for lunch at a local burger dive and Chuck wangled free tee shirts for us all at the local Destination Cycles or whatever ;) I then headed home and the rest returned to the shop to repair the damaged caused to that point I assume. Thanks, I think I learned something and that is what a tech day is for right :p No really they got them carbs in fast and just seeing it done helps so much. I also now know one more way to remove a bearing when you don't have the right tool. ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

WOW!!! That was fun. We had a good group of folks and didn;t get to fix all the stuff we wanted to, but we sure had fun and told a lot of lies. Tj got new gloves, Joe got a new helmet for his Extra Extra Large Melon and we all ate too well for three days. Today, after a ginormous breakfast buffet at Del Norte, Tj headed home and Chuck1, Chuck2, and Joe went for a ride on a portion of the twisted sisters before Chuck1 and Joe turned toward the house. I'll post more when I git some chores done. ta ta for now.

A summary of the Texas Tech Day held in Kerrville last weekend at the behest of Rev Rider is now displayed on the South Central Area web site. To view it, click on Area Pages, then the South Central Area, then the Ride Reports and Photos page, and then follow the link(s). I used a selection of the photos y'all posted on Webshots, and some provided by Bob Smith, and "borrowed" all or part of your posts about the meet here on the forum. If any of you take exception to me using any of it, please let me know and I'll remove or modify it according to your instructions. I don't know if it's just me being ignorant or if Webshots has their site set so I can't display an image as anything other than a thumbnail, but that's all I was able to get from that site, either from Chuck's photos or Jack's. If you fellas would like to send me a copy of the photos I used on the site so I can make the thumbnails a little larger, I'll be happy to do that, too. Oh, I did take a bit of "artistic license" and fabricated a statement or two to go with the photos; I don't think anyone will mind. And, I put some words in our illustrious AD's mouth, but I doubt he'll complain either. So, go take a look and let me know what you think. If anyone else has something to add, just let me know. Hopefully we'll be able to post at least as much about the other rides that are on the schedule. Thanks, guys!

It's MAHVELOUS DAHLING!!! Good job Charlie and thanks. I'll try to gather a few photos up during the upcoming Big Bend and Wildflower Rides too. SC Region is lookin' good this year. Thanks everybody. Let's have us some fun.