• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

The Hot as Hell tour

tonyml88

Tricycle
Just got home today from a ride to NY. 1st long trip on my 09 Connie. Left July 31 from Driggs Idaho headed up north into Montana. Jumped on I 94 into N Dakota, hot but still western dry. Motor running on 2nd line of heat, no problems no traffic. Decided to call it a night stopped somewhere in ND no rooms, who knew ND was so popular. Kept goin got the last room in Bismarck. Apparently there drilling in ND since the BP mess. 1st day knees are killing me not as easy as it was on the LT. Motor running like a champ. Next morning hit Fargo and jump on US 10 thru Minnesota, nice roads but hot. Stop in Ashland Wisconsin on lake Superior. Next day follow US 2 into Michigan, rain all day run up over the Mackinaw bridge, fun in the rain on the metal grates. Run south on I 75. 3rd day usual thru Ohio, PA. My destination is Sag Harbor, NY, but I want to avoid NYC so I run across I 84 to 95 and new London CT. Jump on the ferry to Long island. Stayed till Monday then back on the ferries to vista friends in Ct and Tarrytown NY. Stopped for a service in Ossining NY and needed new tires bad. Had 5000 K on them. Left NY headed south to West Virginia and jumped on highway 33. Nice ride, great roads well paved and banked, real pretty state. Continued west jumped on I 64 and the heat started when I hit Missouri and Kansas. 100 degrees and the hot air coming out of the right side was unreal, it was brining my right leg. Couldn't rest my leg on the fairing. Couple of short days due to the heat, focused on getting into the mountains. Got into Colorado Saturday stayed in Boulder temps dropped 25 degrees Rode up to Estes park and stayed in Steamboat springs. Got an early start this morning nice 40 degree ride got home around 2. Motor ran great no problems, doesn't like the heat or humidity. Really noticed the improved performance back east. Luggage locker tank bag lock fell out somewhere in Kentucky. And the bolts they provide have rusted solid. Other than that a good bag. Things to do different seat, real cruise control, better GPS mount.

Tony: Ahh, another one to convert from the LT to a Concours. I totally agree with the need for cruise control. All the others are easily fixed. Seats, several different companies make them. GPS mount, well not as fancy as the ones on the LT, but most have found some method to rig one up. Right off hand, I do know Larry Buck is working on a Dash Self for the C14; http://bucksporttouring.com/ so check with him as to when he thinks he will have it finished. Now in case you are wondering my position, I still have an LT and a C10. I couldn't wait any longer on K to make a new model so some years ago I made the jump. I know of at least one other nearby LT owner who went to the C14. I've heard no complaints thus far and don't expect to. At least you don't have to worry about the rear drive or weep hole. :) If the C14 holds up as well as the C10, well, we will have another Timex. :) As for performance, I already know and have experienced that sudden acceleration to over 100 mph. bgof tcars John

I am soooo jealous, havent had a good long ride due to rain and ohter issues, cant even ride to work due to heat advisories and dont want to abuse Connie unnecessarily. Sounds like you had a really good ride, hopefully September in Houston wont set any heat records like August is doing. C K Roach Jr COG#9094 CDA# 0319 you cant lose what you never had 2005 Concour "Gold Rush" 1983 Suzuki GS750ES - Project 1983 Suzuki GL850 - Sold 1982 Suzuki GS650G - Sold

Tony: Ahh, another one to convert from the LT to a Concours. I totally agree with the need for cruise control. All the others are easily fixed. Seats, several different companies make them. GPS mount, well not as fancy as the ones on the LT, but most have found some method to rig one up. Right off hand, I do know Larry Buck is working on a Dash Self for the C14; http://bucksporttouring.com/ so check with him as to when he thinks he will have it finished. Now in case you are wondering my position, I still have an LT and a C10. I couldn't wait any longer on K to make a new model so some years ago I made the jump. I know of at least one other nearby LT owner who went to the C14. I've heard no complaints thus far and don't expect to. At least you don't have to worry about the rear drive or weep hole. :) If the C14 holds up as well as the C10, well, we will have another Timex. :) As for performance, I already know and have experienced that sudden acceleration to over 100 mph. bgof tcars John