• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

The shop dropped my 2001 C10!!

Dirtyd1985

Big Wheel
Hello everyone, I just had a bad experience with my brand new C10 and the shop I took her to for an inspection dropped the bike on the left side. Long story short they will be paying to have all of the repairs done, but i wanted to find out if anyone knows how readily available and soon a new upper cowling and left hard bag would take to ship from Kawasaki. It is for a 2001 Concours sonic blue of coarse. I just want know how long it may be before i can get back on the road because of their stupid mistake! Much appreciated! - Dain

The shop that is ordering your parts should be able to give you a good idea when the parts will arrive at the service dept. Ma K is good at getting back to dealerships regarding part requests as lots of anxcious people are waiting to get their wrecked bikes back from dealerships across the country. :( This is a judgement call for you but if it looks like the body panels on the side the bike was dropped on don't line up make sure they install another fairing stay. Start the bike and let it warm up before taking off from the dealership. If anything isn't working properly get the service manager to look at it BEFORE you even leave the premesis.

I have not had a shop touch my bike during inspection in a few years. I think I know why now. I drive it to test the brakes and they watch. Photos[/url]

From me ordering parts takes anywhere from a few days to a week..... plastic???? You should have it back within two weeks my guess. If they'll let you keep the old plastic it's always good to have, it might be fixable. Dave Muzzey St. Charles, IL COG#7957 '01 Connie
2325745050103317432S200x200Q85.jpg
2525116280103317432S200x200Q85.jpg