• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

The 'Spirit' lost some weight.

snarf

I forgot to post this over here :-[ :-[

I got bored so I put the Spirit on a diet.  She lost a few inches off of her rear fender and she had a little cosmetic surgery done on her turn signals. 
I scored a set of turn signal on-line; they are from a 2006 Ninja 250.  They are not a direct plug&play; but darn close.
I think she cleaned up real nice.
With the shorter stalks the turn signals look awesome with the bags off.

IMG00060.jpg

IMG00061.jpg

IMG00062.jpg

IMG00064.jpg

IMG00066.jpg

Pay no attention to the license plates, I stole them to throw all of you bad guys off my trail :p

What's with all the cigarette butts all over the ground.  ::)  These damn smokers just toss them anywhere.  :-\    It makes that beautiful 86 C10 look like it belongs in a trailer park now!  :))

All kidding aside. I really like the new directionals. I might do that myself!  ;)

Daytona_Mike said:
Looks good Chris. I thought you named that bike after a beer slogan. Did you get your CB going yet?
I originally was going to name her "Miller time".  After I had a little talk with Jimmy we decided that piss tasting beer wasn't good enough for her; so we dubbed her "The Spirit of Cog" (the Spirit for short).
I think I got it working, it was definitely a interface issue. Thank your for sending me in the right direction.

Cap'n Bob said:
What's with all the cigarette butts all over the ground.  ::)  These damn smokers just toss them anywhere.  :-\    It makes that beautiful 86 C10 look like it belongs in a trailer park now!  :))

All kidding aside. I really like the new directionals. I might do that myself!  ;)
Actually I am one of those anal smokers that cant stand when people toss their butts wherever they want.
I should quit.  The garage is the only place I smoke, and only when I am working on my vehicles. Its sorta therapeutic.  I dont smoke at work, in any of our vehicles, and definitely not inside the house.
The signals do look sweet without the bags.

Nice job with the signals, they do look sweet. How about some pics without the bags? Where did you get the tail brights with the "K" cut out, that's pretty cool too!

BBroj said:
Nice job with the signals, they do look sweet. How about some pics without the bags? Where did you get the tail brights with the "K" cut out, that's pretty cool too!
I will get some pics over the weekend.  An old cog member made those for me.  He had to sell his bike a few years ago, I will see if he kept any of his graphics equipment

Snarf said:
BBroj said:
I will get some pics over the weekend.  An old cog member made those for me.  He had to sell his bike a few years ago, I will see if he kept any of his graphics equipment

I know you said they were not plug and play, any cutting and or splicing, I really like them and plan to  check ebay for some, all years 250?

Signals do look good!
I'll watch for a set of those lights...

Just a thought:
If you want to smooth the rear some more you can move the license plate up closer to the Tail Light.

Remove the license plate and "License plate light assy".
Discard the light.
Reinstall the license plate by using the bottom holes on the license plate.
Result is the license plate will be raised closer to the tail light. (Tail light will illuminate the license plate).

If you worry about improper lighting on the plate you can install led lights or put a clear lens in the bottom of your tail light.

Ride safe, Ted

Ohh killing license plate light sounds nice, I also trimmed my rear fender so that the rear will will roll right underneath while on center stand.

I also flipped the Plate holder to raise the plate another inch of so. I cut from about 1/4" below the side reflectors.

Bike looks a lot nicer imo. I gotta think about killing that light and going higher. 

Tommyhof said:
Snarf said:
BBroj said:

I know you said they were not plug and play, any cutting and or splicing, I really like them and plan to  check ebay for some, all years 250?
These came off of a 2007 ninja 250.  Not sure about the years.  I do know that the 500 has the same ugly signals that we do.
The wires plug into the harness, all a person needs is a long coarse thread wood screw to go from the fender into the threaded portion of the signal housing.  No cutting, drilling. 
I have been pulled over from Iowa's finest for having my light burned out.  I think mine will have to stay on :(

IMAG0030-1.jpg