• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

This Is An Interesting Build

Bud

Not making fun of anyone's bike.  There is something interesting about this build.
https://greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/d/greenville-1986-kawasaki-zg1200-voyager/6810126626.html
00707_kmiSwOThssf_1200x900.jpg

01010_aoGQul5Kqzg_1200x900.jpg

Could be a good starting point for someone.  Price is too high, but think in the right hands, it could turn out pretty good.

I rather like the concept. 

I used to have a Voyager XII and often thought that engine could have been in the C10 - 1200cc, hydraulic lifters, butter smooth and better fuel economy.

I'll bet it weighs less than a C10 now as the weight of the XII oem luggage and fairing with radio / (sometimes CB) / amplifier / speakers were significant.

Wish there were more pics from different angles - looks like a C10 tail and a ZX11 fairing?

it is kind of interesting I agree... keeping an old machine and tweaking it to meet the needs...  really doesn't look "bad".. when painted to match tank, it should be viable..
and the V-gr is a solid touring platform for certain...

I kinda like it...  :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises:

and it doesn't have "cat-o-9-tails" grip-whips dangling...  :)) :)) :)) :))

winner... :great: