• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

This N. GA RTE is really a Bigun! Join us Dec 7

Tom NWGA

Join us on Saturday, December 7 for an RTE that will be an honest-to-goodness Bigun. We're meeting starting at 11:00 AM at a location in Talking Rock, GA (seems appropriate) at a location suggested by one of COG's newest and finest members, Bigun's BBQ (www.bigunsbbq.com).

Located on GA 515 just north of GA 136, this should be an entertaining event with some great nearby riding.

Rumor is that our fearless SECOG leader, Al Norcross, has promised us warm weather and a Toyota pickup for the door prize.  :)) Should be lots of fun and we hope to see ya there!

We can do like Hooters did and give away a new toy yoda  :D

state-yoda.jpg

Story is here in case you missed this years ago  :rotflmao:

http://buelahman.wordpress.com/2008/07/16/ex-hooters-waitress-outraged-over-toy-yoda/

COGnosticat0r said:
We can do like Hooters did and give away a new toy yoda  :D

state-yoda.jpg

Story is here in case you missed this years ago  :rotflmao:

http://buelahman.wordpress.com/2008/07/16/ex-hooters-waitress-outraged-over-toy-yoda/

Aaahh, NOW I understand the fascination with the Toyota truck as a door prize. Having read the story, though, it appears to have made Yoda a basket case:

and near about fried Darth Vader:

End result: Someone needs to crack the nuts that decided that court case:

Yeah, buddy! Maybe a side trip to The Bargain Barn for our outdoorsmen. That's worth the trip right there. Guns, camping, fishing, and more. Gotta see that.

Bummer.  Can't make it.  Wife's birthday that weekend.  I'm sure she has other plans for me.  :'(

juve said:
Bummer.  Can't make it.  Wife's birthday that weekend.  I'm sure she has other plans for me.  :'(

Are you sure she wouldn't like to be taken out to eat in North Georgia and then go for some (rather interesting) shopping??

Broll said:
I'd like to, but baby girl was born today. Not much riding for me until spring.

CONGRATULATIONS, Dad! :great:  Hope the mother and little girl are doing well...

I'm signed up! Where's the Bargain Barn? Went up to talking rock w/the wife the other day for a nice drive. Lots of nice roads and vistas. Can't wait to ride some of the roads and maybe a little shopping!

Phil
COG 5879

The Bargain Barn is on 515 just south of the intersection with Hwy 53 on the west side of the road.

Just received word that a $50 gift certificate to Murph's Emporium of all things Connie is on its way and will be given to one lucky member that attends this RTE on Saturday. As if we needed an incentive to farkle our bikes for an excuse...  :motonoises:

Like I said Tom....I will be at the QuickTrip in Adairsville as long as the rain gods are with us.

Bill said:
Like I said Tom....I will be at the QuickTrip in Adairsville as long as the rain gods are with us.

I have assurance from the SE COG Grand Poobah that the rain chances will be diminished come Saturday. (No, I don't know who he's dealing with, and didn't ask...)

ron203 said:
Rock and I are coming.

:great: Look forward to seeing both of you.

Iron men of COG....(yeah right.... :nananana:) but we're gonna have fun!!  ;D

According to the Weather Channel, this event is slated to be on the raw end of the biker's 50:50 rule (greater than 50% chance rain, temps well below 50). No shame in bringing along an extra set of wheels under you. There's still gonna be good food, great company, and, for one lucky COGger a door prize!!

See you there, two wheels or four....

But hey, our fun is going to be Honda powered....sorta.....if the chipmunks under the hood hold up.....

ron203 said:
But hey, our fun is going to be Honda powered....sorta.....if the chipmunks under the hood hold up.....

Lame excuse to get out of washing the bike, but, hey, it's working for me, too!!  See you there with my bride in tow.

Small but quality crowd. Great food. Had a great ride up with Phil and solo back over Burnt Mtn. Had yet ANOTHER turkey fly right in front of me after seeing a whole flock on the way over. It looked huge from 10' away.

Thanks for putting this together Tom!
Ron

Had a great time thanks to all of those that made the event. Love spending this time with my fellow COGgers and codgers...

But, boys & girls, it was COLD on the trip home  :-\